• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

making a shooting stick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need it to be about 1" diameter at the base

Cash, trade... it's all good

Looking to make something like this................

shooting stick antler.jpg

How thick is that one at the base? Looks like a full inch.
If he dosnt take it I will. ;)
over a inch at the first tine. going to give him today then i just may make a stick out of it myself. let's see that would be project 497 or 498 :doh: . i used to have piles of them laying around. My Dazy Dog ( a chocolate Lab) would come carrying in one every day .lost her and her sister has never found even one!

:D

Deerstalk sent me one that I'm working on now, but I wouldn't be against another one (the second time you make something it's always better than the first

I'll need a fork that is at least 1 1/4" minimum at the base where I'd be attaching it to the wood (that's the diameter of the wood I'm using and that would be a pretty damn thick antler!)

I just made two shooting sticks , using your design Sudsy! my neighbors dogs bring sheds almost every day. usually first year type.
yesterday we were shooting and he was moaning about needing a shooting stick. being he had just given me a couple sheds i figured i would knock a couple out.
cut a couple black willow staff's and stripped them. they will dry a dull red. will probably dress them up later.
cant decide if i want to leave the three tines or not. so for now they stay.
20210810_155900.jpg

Deerstalk sent me one that I'm working on now, but I wouldn't be against another one (the second time you make something it's always better than the first

I'll need a fork that is at least 1 1/4" minimum at the base where I'd be attacthehing it to the wood (that's the diameter of the wood I'm using and that would be a pretty damn thick antler!)
I will look at my supply tomorrow. In the meantime, can you reduce the diameter of the wood to match the antler diameter?

Back