• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need a source for a Sling Swivel for a Jaeger rifle I'm building.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldmonk

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm building a Jaeger rifle. Most of the parts I sourced through TOW, but I sourced the barrel directly from Rice, and the stock from Petronica (spelling ?, I'm a couple beers in so who knows if I got that spelled right). The front swing swivel TOW sent me is only 15/16" on the inside dimension. I looked at there site and did not see anything bigger for the inside dimension, but the scaled drawing for the Jaeger they sent me shows the inside dimension for the swing swivel measuring 1-1/8". Everything else on that drawing is scaled right, so I expect it's right on that too. Well getting back to brass tax, the swing swivel I have to too small at 15/16". Even the barrel is a bit larger than 15/16 at that point and the swivel supposed to go around the stock (which is wider than the barrel at the point of the trunion it goes through).

let's get to the bottom line. I need a swing swivel approximately 1-1/8" on the inside. Who would be a good location to source the needed swivel.

Jim Chambers seems to have swivels on his website, but doesn’t list the size. The Log Cabin Shop seems to have some swivels for 1” slings. Not sure if that would be your ticket or not

Baldmonk,

Is this the one you have from TOTW?

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/910/1/SWIVEL-1-W
This is the one I used on my TOTW Jaeger build and it worked fine. See the directions in the description...you mount this through the forestock below the barrel through a lug on the bottom of the barrel. Your forestock should be tapering some at that point. I did spread mine a little. Not sure about your situation but it worked for me.

Pic attached but I don't have a closeup of the swivel, but you might be able to zoom in some.
2022-11-23_04-24-49.jpg

Back