• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a rear sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning,

I recently picked up an old CVA “Colonial” pistol kit. Someone many moons ago made a stab at assembling it, causing me some additional work before i can resume building.

One of the highlights is that they lost the rear sight. Does anyone know 1. if there is any size standardizations for these and 2. Where i can find one?

I should consider myself fortunate that they cut the dovetail ‘cuz i get to drill the touch hole myself. There’s no front sight, but i can worry about that later (altho i’m way open to suggestions!).

Thanks much for the wisdom,

don

Good morning,

I recently picked up an old CVA “Colonial” pistol kit. Someone many moons ago made a stab at assembling it, causing me some additional work before i can resume building.

One of the highlights is that they lost the rear sight. Does anyone know 1. if there is any size standardizations for these and 2. Where i can find one?

I should consider myself fortunate that they cut the dovetail ‘cuz i get to drill the touch hole myself. There’s no front sight, but i can worry about that later (altho i’m way open to suggestions!).

don

Centurion, try Deer Creek Products Waldron IN. They have the small parts for most of the CVA and Traditions sidelocks. I have purchased many small parts off of them over the last 20 years or so and they are good people. They changed hands some years back but the service is still good. Good luck.

I ordered the Kentucky sights from Deer Creek for a Colonial pistol last summer. The bore was good but the rest of the pistol was thoroughly abused. It was a Jukar but the sights fit the dovetails.

Good morning,

don
Get your hack saw and files out and make what you want!

Thanks all for the help. All the sites what offer sights take you to Numrich, which sez “out of stock”. After cva’s ad confirmed that the same rear sight was used on the Kentucky rifles and pistols, i went back to Deer Creek and found what i was looking for under “kentucky pistol”, as SledMan said. Again, thanks!

Woodnbow, i got good friends who used to dress like that. Could be part of why they’re good friends. Married one ‘em as a matter of fact. She’s my best friend!

Back