• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need a Cannon for wife!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for a full scale howitzer. Go big or go home. Want to trade wives. 🤣
Yes know where your coming from, My wife and I grew up about a mile apart, knew her since the third grade, 😉funny thing is she figured out I was worth investing in along about high school, I believe she thinks she has finally house broke me, I just let her think that 🤣 Just celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary, she got a 2500 dollar ring, I ask for a cannon she said Noooooooooooooo, O well would not trade her for anything except maybe a CANNON all ready have a good dog. 😂 Enjoy your wifes cannon 👍

Enjoy your wifes cannon 👍
You would still need to share.
1.jpg

Guys, I didn't realize how funny that sounded when I posted. Hope it brightened your days! But, I am serious, I really need to get a Cannon for her!!
Give me till later today will send a pic, if my wife lets me sell it. Bout 10” long 2 1/2” diameter in a oak carriage with wood wheels. 3/4” bore

Full size mountain howitzer.
Or M1857 Gun.
Three inch rifle. They have a meet in Michigan where they shoot for accuracy.
Some Yankee battery commander during the War of the Rebellion tacked up a newspaper on a barn door at 900 yards as the story goes. They shoot to his specification. Awesome to watch.
Until you experience a 12 pounder firing a projectile and not a paper wad at an event you haven’t seen how a piece behaves. It’s totally awesome!
Check the meet out on YouTube - it’s incredible and entertaining if your into cannons & howitzers that are full size firing projectiles.

How about this. Looks like a cannon with a pistol grip. A little craftsman ship could fashion a carriage to replace the pistol grip.
Actually ac Pedersoli Queen Anne.

Attachments

• 7F818E47-31A0-4D2F-8821-4A54073CB79D.jpeg
    7F818E47-31A0-4D2F-8821-4A54073CB79D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Since I have acquired two ML rifles, my wife has decided that she needs a Cannon. We live in town, so can't get too large. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
smart gal. contact southbend and ask if he knows anyone selling. Antique Artillery Reproductions and Muzzle Loading Cannon Replicas - South Bend Replicas
He is the only one I would trust to go over a piece for safety and if needed, reline the barrel so it can shoot.

I've got one in the back of my trailer light 6#,,,and my boyfriend has his in the back of his.. a 3# We use the z trac to keep them anchored so they don't roll.
Cannon are cool. a muzzleloading club in the 90's used to shoot them regularly with live fire (private property with plenty of woods at the hillside etc.) It was there I fired my first shot. perhaps that is why more than a dozen of my long arms are larger than 50 cal.

She tells me that the first time I got on the school bus in 8th grade, she told her best friend "Some day, I'm going to marry him!!"
sounds like my folks. 1942 mom's family moved back to PA and they met.. 10 years old 4th grade... took a while, but yea they married, 8 years later had me in 1962.

Seriously contact South Bend replicas even if you find a piece somewhere else.. They are the only ones I trust to go over for safety and to make it safe if it is possible...

Also, don't dither with sale models unless you get one sized for the shelf to see after getting a real one.
SB also hears a lot of times when someone is selling and why I mentioned it...Chances are, he'd be familiar with the piece as well.
He's the one that works on the ships arms for Consitituion, Constelation, Ft. Niagara and so many other places and movies.

Do yourself a favor and get an enclosed trailer with a ramp and z track... Put in a couple extra vents like the semi trailers use.
Most the extras Powder box, linstock, rammer, worm, sponge, vent pick etc.. you can make yourself. Just buy leather work gloves. Use a wood or brass bucket for swabbing water.
I can guide you on how to make quills so you all can fire it without relying on det chord.
NMLRA does have cannon certification and classes.

Last edited:
smart gal. contact southbend and ask if he knows anyone selling. Antique Artillery Reproductions and Muzzle Loading Cannon Replicas - South Bend Replicas
He is the only one I would trust to go over a piece for safety and if needed, reline the barrel so it can shoot.

I've got one in the back of my trailer light 6#,,,and my boyfriend has his in the back of his.. a 3# We use the z trac to keep them anchored so they don't roll.
Cannon are cool. a muzzleloading club in the 90's used to shoot them regularly with live fire (private property with plenty of woods at the hillside etc.) It was there I fired my first shot. perhaps that is why more than a dozen of my long arms are larger than 50 cal.
Thank you very much for the info, I'll check it out.

Back