• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

NEBRASKAN'S ROLL CALL!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a gunsmith here in Gothenburg but admit that I am a transplant and have been in Nebraska about 22 years now, and have been playing with my trusty Zouave for aBout 40 years along with a .50 cal CVA Hawken and a .50 cal Kentucky pistol. I also like my longbows too. šŸ˜Š
I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANYNE GETTING GETTING PARTICULAR ACCURACY OUT OF A ZOUAVE CARBINE. WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR LOADING PROCEDURE WITH YOURS?

DUTCH SCHOULTZ - BORN AND RAISED IN NEBRASKA

I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANYNE GETTING GETTING PARTICULAR ACCURACY OUT OF A ZOUAVE CARBINE. WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR LOADING PROCEDURE WITH YOURS?

DUTCH SCHOULTZ - BORN AND RAISED IN NEBRASKA
Mine is not the carbine model, full size 33ā€ barrel. I have been shooting a .562 RB w/ a .018 pillow tacking patch lubed with Bore Butter and averaging a 2-3ā€ group at 50yds. Longer ranges I like using a 505gr Minnie.
A4DB6D9D-0745-4BCA-A649-BD91608964E4.jpeg

Mine is not the carbine model, full size 33ā€ barrel. I have been shooting a .562 RB w/ a .018 pillow tacking patch lubed with Bore Butter and averaging a 2-3ā€ group at 50yds. Longer ranges I like using a 505gr Minnie. View attachment 34483
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FULL LENGTH RIFLE THAT WAS CALLED A ZOUAVE.
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS YOU HAVE SHOWN ME SOMETHING NEW, THANKS A LOT.

I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN OMAHA.

DUTCH

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FULL LENGTH RIFLE THAT WAS CALLED A ZOUAVE.
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS YOU HAVE SHOWN ME SOMETHING NEW, THANKS A LOT.

I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN OMAHA.

DUTCH
I think the carbines were civilian modifications. I read somewhere that Remington made like 12,000 or so but were never issued to the troops and filtered into civilian hands. But like ya say, ya learn something new everyday. Being a gunsmith I see a lot weird guns from time to time that somebody dig out of a barn and want fixed.

Not in NE but close by (south of Sidney) , but if there is one state I could move to NE is it, grandparents live in a small "village" of Haigler and when I get the chance it still feels like home to me. Just getting started and have a newer tc .50 and a lefty .54

Not in NE but close by (south of Sidney) , but if there is one state I could move to NE is it, grandparents live in a small "village" of Haigler and when I get the chance it still feels like home to me. Just getting started and have a newer tc .50 and a lefty .54
You must be in Colorado I take it.

yeah sadly, on the plus side I get to talk to a lot of folks from NE at my summer job at a lake that sees roughly 1/3rd its daily action from there.

here on the plains we are still mostly all conservative to the point of making those in washington look like pansies..lord help those that try to have demonstrations around here LOL
I was originally from Gering and loved Colorado. It is so sad to see the bigger cities there doing what they are to the state !!

late to the party i see but better late than pregnant as they say! Been outta the BP game for a few years but the itch has came back which brought me back here. got a couple perc rifles .50 and .54 and a sxs 12ga. expecting to make a little smoke this winter. Im in northern NE

Hello, I grew up in Alliance; got my first ML pistol from Newberrys hardware store in 1969. You know one of those Spanish made cap locks in 40 caliber for 20 bucks. I shot the heck out of it. I then bought myself a Tingle made Hawken rifle. At that time they sold for $130 bucks ( lots of money for kid to earn back then) I still have that rifle. I would hunt deer with it up around Fort Robinson and Crawford, Nebraska when I was in High School.

Hello, I grew up in Alliance; got my first ML pistol from Newberrys hardware store in 1969. You know one of those Spanish made cap locks in 40 caliber for 20 bucks. I shot the heck out of it. I then bought myself a Tingle made Hawken rifle. At that time they sold for $130 bucks ( lots of money for kid to earn back then) I still have that rifle. I would hunt deer with it up around Fort Robinson and Crawford, Nebraska when I was in High School.

I love the drive to Alliance. It's fascinating to me how the Sandhills get progressively more extreme over the course of five hours, only to very abruptly level off entirely a few miles outside of town.

Born and raised here. Grew up in LaVista, time in the army, farming in Iowa, been back since then. Been making smoke clouds for 20+ years. Belonged to Eastern Platte Muzzleloaders for quite a spell. Sold off my TVM Lancaster, my .36, my .58, and my personally built Lyman .54 GPR due to divorce and keeping my oldest out of jail (solid investment- heā€™s a separated US Marine and has 3 degrees). Also belonged to Traditional Muzzleloader Message Hide for a very long time. I counted Bill Knight (Mad Monk) and Bill Young (WCY) as good friends.

Club went under while I was on the shelf, now belong to a ENGC. My son gave me his .54 Lyman Deer Stalker as he moved into inlines (for now) Always draw a crowd when I shoot. Currently refinishing a .50 GPR I purchased on the forum. Nothing really wrong, just needed to make it mine. Itā€™s good to be back.

Raised here in Omaha, green as grass in the morning dew. I have a 50 cal CVA sharpshooter made in Spain that my uncle gave me. I also have an Antonio zoli 1863 zouave that is in 58 cal. Currently looking for a place in Eastern Nebraska or specifically Douglas county that let's you shoot black powder

Back