• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nearly lost my bolt screw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In fact, I did lose it for a while. I thought I'd lost it for good on the carpet, but found it after my Rhomba picked it up.

I wondered why the gun locked up until I saw the missing screw hole in the blank pistol. It's a Uberti Navy 61. I threaded it back through with the help of a slave pin and it's back to working fine.

I hope to shoot it some this week, weather permitting. I think it's a nice piece, very simple construction.

Actually, this is the second important thing pushed out or recovered by my Rhomba. I'd lost a really nice pocket knife under a chest and the Rhomba pushed it out after it had been in that non-accessible place for three or four years.

D. Boone's middle name was Rhomba...Daniel Rhomba Boone. The robot was named for him, because it never gets lost.

Mine is the newer, percussion Rhomba. My flintRhomba kept starting fires in my living room.

Fun fact on Pietta’s: The screw that secures the trigger/bolt return spring on their Remington’s is the exact same one that is the wedge screw on their Colt's and Colt type pistols.

I learned that very important piece of info while placing my last order to VTI. :grin:

I checked the other screws, and all three on the action were not as tight as they should have been. I tightened them a bit...just as a warning...it's easier to tighten than to lose them, and it's something worth checking.

Latest posts

Back