• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD NEAR MINT Unfired Pedersoli .50 KENTUCKY Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SOLD. Up for sale is a basically New, NEAR MINT, unfired, Pedersoli KENNTUCKY Rifle in .50. Barrel is 36", so my original designation as a "Pennsylvania" rifle was incorrect. Twist Rate is 1:48. Based on this, lowering price. Wood is flawless. Metal would be flawless if not for a scratch above touch hole. This occurred during shipping. Frizzen snapped due to hard hit. Thank you FedWrecks! That was the extent of damage, thank God. I got a replacement from Flintlocks, Etc. and it is good as new. Photos say more than I can. $600. SPLIT SHIPPING.
IMG_20211130_150834494.jpg
IMG_20211130_151010400.jpg
IMG_20211130_150845970.jpg
IMG_20211130_151016900.jpg
IMG_20211130_150907837.jpg
IMG_20211130_151308748.jpg
IMG_20211130_151317799.jpg
IMG_20211130_151359937.jpg
IMG_20211130_151040034.jpg

Last edited:
Is that in fact a Pennsylvania? How long is the barrel? Pedersoli offers a series of guns that are just about identical except barrel length. The Scout has the shortest barrel, the Kentucky is mid-length, and the Pennsylvania has the longest barrel. Of course there is nothing for frame of reference except the buttstock and lock - but that gun looks like the Kentucky.

Is that in fact a Pennsylvania? How long is the barrel? Pedersoli offers a series of guns that are just about identical except barrel length. The Scout has the shortest barrel, the Kentucky is mid-length, and the Pennsylvania has the longest barrel. Of course there is nothing for frame of reference except the buttstock and lock - but that gun looks like the Kentucky.
Looked at all of the Pedersoli offerings. It is confusing. Differences in TGs. The Kentucky rifles seem to have patchboxes. This has a 36" barrel. So may be the Kentucky. Looking closer the Penn rifle has a 41.5" barrel. My mistake.
BSR, how did you harden the new frizzen? I believe replacements come soft.
I did nothing to it, as it is visually identical to the broken one. Do they need to be hardened on complete rifles from Pedersoli? If it needs to be hardened, I suppose I can do that. Or let buyer do it. Just read a thread on this forum on the subject. I will do a file test and see if I can find a small flint to test spark.

Fast moving morning. Further research and a couple of PMs and I realize I have this priced at the Deluxe Kentucky or Base Pennsylvania rifle price. See updated ad above. Thanks for all of the input.

That is the version of Kentucky rifle that Cabela's or other chain stores offer. It differs from the ones sold by DGW. They did not have a patchbox, but do have double set triggers. I owned one and have since sold it. They are not a bad starter rifle. And, this is not a bad price either. Just my two cents.

BLACK SATURDAY SALE. (OK, I was sick yesterday) Up for sale is a basically New, NEAR MINT, unfired, Pedersoli KENNTUCKY Rifle in .50. Barrel is 36", so my original designation as a "Pennsylvania" rifle was incorrect. Based on this, lowering price. Wood is flawless. Metal would be flawless if not for a scratch above touch hole. This occurred during shipping. Frizzen snapped due to hard hit. Thank you FedWrecks! That was the extent of damage, thank God. I got a replacement from Flintlocks, Etc. and it is good as new. Photos say more than I can. $600 + SHIPPING.View attachment 107142View attachment 107143View attachment 107144View attachment 107145View attachment 107146View attachment 107147View attachment 107148View attachment 107149View attachment 107150
Lower Price.

Latest posts

Back