• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Navy Arms/Thompson Center .45 $200

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
15/16" 29" barrel; 14 1/4" LOP 8 1/2 lbs.
Nuts! I’m looking for one for each of my youngest granddaughters. That’s probably a Hawken bbl. If I recall correctly. These girls will probably never grow taller than 5’0” or so, (take after her side of the family) that’s a little too much gun...

Thanks for the response and good luck with the sale.

"But 10-15yrs down the road Uncle Fred has passed away, and some kid ends up with Uncle Freds "cool olde gun" and want's to get new parts for the broken lock,, the barrel say's TC , (?) "

Judging from some of the questions asked on some of these forums, it is like that now.

There probably won't be any parts left for either 10 or 15 years from now. Uncle Fred should have doccumented when he bought the gun, what he paid for it, what it actually is and all the modifications/repairs he made to it while he owned it (Yes, I do).

The owner did, right here. Navy Arms, Thompson Center. How much he paid isn’t relevant, nor is the number of file strokes it took to fit the breech plug to the tang. Now if you all will excuse me, I’m not finished picking the flyspecks out of the pepper shaker.;)

Last edited:
A big thanks for the OP to offer this rifle, with all the information he has provided, for a great price for someone wanting to dip their toe in our great sport. Positive reinforcement draws folks into our world much easier than always looking for the negative. Shoot, it draws folks who are like minded into our world when we go out of our way to encourage than to discourage and disparage another's contribution.
Mom's admonition that "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" would be good for us to remember. As for 15 or 20 years down the road, they can cross that bridge when they get there. For the price of the offer the sky isn't falling if the parts are no longer available by then.

The owner did, right here. Navy Arms, Thompson Center. How much he paid isn’t relevant, nor is the number of file strokes it took to fit the breech plug to the tang. Now if you all will excuse me, I’m not finished picking the flyspecks out of the pepper shaker.;)

You are correct that the seller did but I was refering to the purchaser so that the info would be avaliable to his heirs and then they would know where to begin the search for parts. I always list the price I paid as that may be useful when (if) I go to resell. All that info is important in case of thieft or for an insurance claim.

Last edited:
IMO, the amount of money the seller has invested in the gun is no ones business except the seller. It also has nothing to do with the value of the gun now. The insurance value now is whatever the buyer pays for it.

As for parts, there are thousands of muzzleloaders on the market that were made by companies in Italy that went out of business long ago. Parts for them are sometimes difficult to get even if you know what company originally made it. For instance, try buying a part for a gun made by Palmetto.

As for this rifle, I still don't know why it hasn't sold. IMO the parts it was built from are as good if not better than most of the rifles made in Spain and many of the Spanish made muzzleloaders like CVA and Juker are selling for about the same price as the price this rifle is being offered at.

IMO, the amount of money the seller has invested in the gun is no ones business except the seller. It also has nothing to do with the value of the gun now. The insurance value now is whatever the buyer pays for it.

As for parts, there are thousands of muzzleloaders on the market that were made by companies in Italy that went out of business long ago. Parts for them are sometimes difficult to get even if you know what company originally made it. For instance, try buying a part for a gun made by Palmetto.

As for this rifle, I still don't know why it hasn't sold. IMO the parts it was built from are as good if not better than most of the rifles made in Spain and many of the Spanish made muzzleloaders like CVA and Juker are selling for about the same price as the price this rifle is being offered at.

Zonie, I wasn't refering to how much the seller had in the gun or how many file strokes either. I think a few have failed to comprehend my post (#24) which dealt only with the purchaser and I had hoped that my later post (#27) had clarified what I said.

I agree finding parts for guns made or sold by long defunct companies or importers can be nearly impossible but knowing what brand the lock is might be enough to jar the memory of an old timer on the forum and he might just have a tumbler & sear or something else in an old coffee can.

Like you I can't see why it hasn't sold for that price either. People will pay more for an old CVA or Jukar than that.

I think part of the problem with selling this gun is the price is too low.

When most people see a real low price on something they tend to get suspicious and start wondering, "What's that guy hiding that would cause it to be so cheap?"

Had the original price been $350, I think it would have sold long ago and whoever bought it would be happy as a clam saying to themselves, "Boy! This sure is a nice gun and I got it for a lot less than I thought I would have to pay."

What's going on with the classifieds? I don't recall this much kibbitzing and non-buyer comments in the old forum? If I chimed in like some of the above on other forums' classifieds that I belong to, I'd be sent a PM from the moderator to kindly butt out. As I said earlier, this ought to be a dialogue between the seller and prospective buyers. "How did you do it?", "What all parts were used?", etc, are topics for posts in the Percussion section, aren't they? If people are so concerned over warranty issues or "suitability for intended use" as the say, perhaps we should only allow new, unfired guns or those with a pedigreed history? And how about those "Stubb Twist" steel 1800's guns such as the one which recently sold here? Are we going to open a proof house? I don't normally throw my two cents in but this thread is unusual, to say the least.

You are correct that the seller did but I was refering to the purchaser so that the info would be avaliable to his heirs and then they would know where to begin the search for parts. I always list the price I paid as that may be useful when (if) I go to resell. All that info is important in case of thieft or for an insurance claim.
Gotcha. We take photos of the item and receipt and then file those but I’m not sure I have ever detailed modifications, etc.. Your descendants will probably be very happy, mine will probably embark on a treasure hunt... ;-)

I think part of the problem with selling this gun is the price is too low.

When most people see a real low price on something they tend to get suspicious and start wondering, "What's that guy hiding that would cause it to be so cheap?"

Had the original price been $350, I think it would have sold long ago and whoever bought it would be happy as a clam saying to themselves, "Boy! This sure is a nice gun and I got it for a lot less than I thought I would have to pay."
Wrt the selling price, you may be right there. Also, @cullen1780 is one heck of a good sport about all the discussion...

If anyone knows a deserving person who needs a first (or last) rifle I’d donate $25.00 to the purchase for them. Anyone?

And if I’m breaking rules here @Zonie feel free to delete the post

I'm one of the said newbies that would be interested, but how hard would it be to convert it to a flintlock?

I'm one of the said newbies that would be interested, but how hard would it be to convert it to a flintlock?

It would be easier than converting from flint to percussion but probably not worth doing. You'd at least need a 15/16 T/C flint breech plug and an Investarms compatible lock; these parts could probably be found for less than $100. The lock mortise would have to be cut to accommodate the pan and might require some additional trimming. Final fitting would be trial and error; some go well and some don't.

Whether it's a fun project or a frustrating waste of time and money all depends on your attitude and interest.

It would be easier than converting from flint to percussion but probably not worth doing. You'd at least need a 15/16 T/C flint breech plug and an Investarms compatible lock; these parts could probably be found for less than $100. The lock mortise would have to be cut to accommodate the pan and might require some additional trimming. Final fitting would be trial and error; some go well and some don't.

Whether it's a fun project or a frustrating waste of time and money all depends on your attitude and interest.
Your last statement applies pretty much universally... ;-)

A clever fellow could end up with a really sweet rocklock rifle for less than 3 bills!

Did ya really sell it? or just tired of the thread,,
Cause I did a little OT last week,, I'll buy it from ya.
click on my name and start a conversation if I'm not too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back