• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Navy Arms/Thompson Center .45 $200

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cullen1780

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Navy Arms percussion rifle with new T/C 45 caliber barrel, double set trigger, open sights. $200 plus shipping from North GA.

Pictures:
img_0190-jpg.857457

img_0191-jpg.857458

img_0193-jpg.857460

img_0194-jpg.857461

I’ve made this swap several times. Usually takes about a dozen file strokes on the barrel hook & they go right in. Use a T/C tang & you don’t even hafta do that.

I’ve made this swap several times.
Yeah, but you have never tried selling something like this on an open forum.
I'm with 8bore on this,, full disclosure of modifications and the future implication of those modifications should be made by the seller.
The rifle as listed is a complete modification of random assembled parts easily and inexpensively available nearly anywhere in the country.
Because it's offered as modified, the seller should, as someone beyond a hobbyist (as a seller of random assembled parts) at least show verification of warranty because of the modification. There are liability issues implied by the sale.

To the best of my knowledge, Navy Arms hasn't warranted any of the guns they sold years ago and TC wouldn't warrant the parts that were used in this build.

That said, there are a lot of guns that are made from parts from other guns. In fact, one might say that is about as traditional as it gets for there are many "original" guns made back in the 18th and 19th century that were restocked or made from used parts from other guns.

I think cullen 1780 has honestly presented the facts stating what the gun was made from and other than selling it to someone who wants it, he has done everything needed.

If people don't want to buy the gun I think they should keep that to themselves. To post negative statements about something that is for sale in someones advertisement is downright rude.

If people are interested in buying it, this is the place to ask cullen their questions.

Thanks Necchi
Zoni my question is, to cullan 1780 the marlboro man will the installation tool (FILE) Come with the gun if sold.

It looks to me like it is already assembled and ready to go. I'm sure if it was just a bunch of pieces in a box that needs assembling it would not look the way it does and cullan would tell us that it is unassembled.

Maybe you should let cullen speak for himself
Cullen do you also have the original barrel

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest, everyone. Your support and constructive criticism are most welcome and appreciated. I have several piles of parts from many sources that I've collected over the years and I assembled this rifle with all Italian factory (mostly Investarms, despite the Navy Arms logo) parts and a NOS T/C barrel. I don't have the "original" barrel nor any other "original" components. These parts all fit and function well together. Please let me know if I may provide any additional information.
Thanks again.

Unless it is sold right out of the factory or a kit from the factory, every muzzleloader assembled by an individual is a "complete modification of random assembled parts" mostly purchased from a catalog house. I have a safe full of randomly assembled rifle parts. Some I randomly assembled,and some I paid others to randomly assemble with hand made parts.

A better question, posed mainly for the fun of it, would be: Does the barrel make it a T/C or does the stock and lock make it a Navy Arms?

Or is it just a halfstock rifle? The T/C .45 is probably from their Seneca rifle and is known to be accurate.

At that price it is a deal.

I've been buying and selling guns of all types on the 'Net since I can't remember when. The cardinal rule, be it a sale on a forum like this or an online auction site, is Contact The Seller. If you have a doubt, concern or general question, request an email and/or phone number and discuss it directly or caveat emptor. Lots of tire kicking and speculation here and, quite frankly, I'm surprised to see it. Are any of the above questioners even personally interested in this gun? I think not.

Yeah, but you have never tried selling something like this on an open forum.
I'm with 8bore on this,, full disclosure of modifications and the future implication of those modifications should be made by the seller.
The rifle as listed is a complete modification of random assembled parts easily and inexpensively available nearly anywhere in the country.
Because it's offered as modified, the seller should, as someone beyond a hobbyist (as a seller of random assembled parts) at least show verification of warranty because of the modification. There are liability issues implied by the sale.
It's only $200. It's not like he wants a bunch of money for it. Looks like a good deal to me, even if a fella just hung it over his fireplace.

It's only $200. It's not like he wants a bunch of money for it. Looks like a good deal to me, even if a fella just hung it over his fireplace.
True enough. With prices rising as they have the cost is a good deal.
I guess I raised my concern about the cross breed rifles because not all people are savy when it comes to Trad ML fabrication. A buyer may well understand what he's buying and how to use it. But 10-15yrs down the road Uncle Fred has passed away, and some kid ends up with Uncle Freds "cool olde gun" and want's to get new parts for the broken lock,, the barrel say's TC , (?)
(?) Get it?

"But 10-15yrs down the road Uncle Fred has passed away, and some kid ends up with Uncle Freds "cool olde gun" and want's to get new parts for the broken lock,, the barrel say's TC , (?) "

Judging from some of the questions asked on some of these forums, it is like that now.

Thanks for the interest, everyone. Your support and constructive criticism are most welcome and appreciated. I have several piles of parts from many sources that I've collected over the years and I assembled this rifle with all Italian factory (mostly Investarms, despite the Navy Arms logo) parts and a NOS T/C barrel. I don't have the "original" barrel nor any other "original" components. These parts all fit and function well together. Please let me know if I may provide any additional information.
Thanks again.
Hey Cullen, nice little rifle. How long is the barrel? Is it 13/16” or larger? Also, best guess on the length of pull? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back