• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Navy Arms Terry Texas Ranger 12ga.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a rare Navy Arms Terrry Texas Ranger 12 Ga. SxS. It is in 95%+ condition and shoots wonderfully ( for a 14" barrel Shotgun). It came from the factory this way and is not NFA because its a Front stuffer. $650 plus shipping
TkaWBdc.jpg
cC9784M.jpg
fBVc8gF.jpg
lEIlbOd.jpg

Hello, Angry Man, It is indeed the type of shotgun Dr. Fadala used to pack on his muzzleloading hunts. I once owned that exact model of double that a Confederate infantryman at Yale, Ok. traded me for my 2 band Enfield, which he needed to rise above a camp guard and join the ranks. I was in Artillery and only carried a Navy pistol for defense. The TTR shotgun had 14" barrels and no choke, which made it a close range weapon better suited to cavalry hit and run tactics than hunting. I killed a few rabbits and squirrels with it and finally sold it. But it was a comfort in camp against the threat of unseen howling and scratching denizens in the primordial swamps of untold grisly horror amid the dark reaches of the autumnal and pitiless night. Great gun, wish I had mine back.

Last edited:
I dont think its high, I think it is something with a really small market. Its probably only viable to cowboy shooters. Not much for hunting. although it would be nice to carry in the pack on a trek for midnight critters... but I already have one lol.

I bet if you hit some cowboy action pages/ forums you could move it

Angry Man, did this sell sir? I'm interested. Thanks for offering?

Attachments

• Bent 038.jpg
    Bent 038.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 112
Please respond with you can buy or it’s been sold
I have an offer on the table

If it isn’t sold I’ll take it for $550 shipped
I had one of those Texas Terry shotguns years ago. If you jug choke one of the barrels, they can hold a good pattern out to thirty yards, and can do well on small game.
Every body thought that they could do diddly squat with them until they saw what that choked barrel could do.
With a tight patch and ball, you can do well on deer and varmits.

Is there somebody who monitors this site and can get an answer to my questions/offer
If I don’t get a response by mid week by 12-4-19 i withdraw my offer

The last time angry man was on the forum was on November 10th.
That doesn't mean he isn't interested in selling the gun. It only means he hasn't had a chance to read any posts that were made after that date which would include all of yours.

There can be thousands of good reasons a person might not visit the forum and I have no idea what angry man's reason is so the best I can advise is either withdraw your offer or give him time to come back to the forum.

If anyone is curious about when someone was last on the forum, click on their name.
That will open a window that shows when they were last on the forum. It's located under their name.

I appreciate your comments
I don’t want to unreasonable but I know if I was selling something I would check on interest more than once a month.
With that being said I hope he’s OK and I will wait until the end of December to see if he replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back