• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Navy Arms T&T

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eterry

70 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Between Red River Station and Doans Crossing, Tx.
Looking at a Navy Arms double barrel 12 bore. The owner told me it was billed as a T&T, for Turkey and trap. He used his mike and the muzzles are .710, his choke gauge showed modified.

Anyone know about this gun, when it was made, thoughts about it?
It's in pretty good shape, a nice brown on the barrels, wood in nice condition. The locks have good case hardening and blue guard.
I'll try to get some pics.

Mr Earnest I know exactly what you are talking about as soon as my other 2 shotguns arrive this week I'll have 4 sxs 2 pedersolis and 2 cva the 1 cva is extra full extra full on my pedersoli are cylander so I'll shoot rb out of it I'll post up on what the other 2 are when they arrive

So no one on the smoothbore thread knows what I'm talking about?? Does anyone here shoot shotguns anymore or is this the smooth rifle/fowler/trade gun/FDC thread ????
:ThankYou:

Kinda cranky today it seems.

Designed after early English and French doubles., 30 inch browned barrels, checkered, improved cylinder and modified, weight 6 1/2 pounds, hand checkered stock, hand rubbed oil finish, overall length 45 inches, original cost $125.

Figured that, put the price as a reference of what it stated at.

Clean and nice is hard to find.

I recall the Navy Arms T&T from the late 1970's. Descriptions of the shotgun are of a straight gripped, walnut stock with28" barrels choked full and full made by Pedersoli. I have a Navy Arms double barreled shotgun from the era with blued barrels, cylinder bore. Good shooting gun but not much used of late. I'll have to check on the serial number.

The shotguns come up on the gun auction sites from time to time. I would think $125 is a great price. Is it choked full and full.

I got a Navy Arms 12 gauge SXS made by Pietta that I purchased new in 1984 for $325.xx. I got a 10 gauge Pedersoli SXS purchased used for $500 and a 12 gauge Pedersoli SXS I paid $450 for used. They are all in excellent condition inside and out.
I feel comfortable paying between $350 to $450 for a Pietta or a Pedersoli in excellent condition - $150 less for a CVA excellent condition. Your mileage may vary.

I was responding to Fishdfly when he said they originally sold for $125. I'm acutely aware they bring up to 4x's that much now. Unless I'm mistaken .710 is classified as modified in a 12 bore, both barrels mike .710.

If the seller had wanted $125 I would have paid cash and walked away as fast as possible on cloud 9. As it was I mulled it over a day or two, went over last night and after fondling it some more made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I'll get some pics up soon.

Thanks everyone. The circa 1970 timeline fits what he told me...last night he showed me a Navy Arms 10 bore double from the same time period....he's killing me.

My Navy Arms 12 gauge SxS by Pietta has the AA proof code for 1975. I got it used a few years after that, about 1980. Both barrels are marked 18.2 mm or 0.716". This would be a light modified choke for upland bird hunting.

Back