• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Navy Arms Rigby .45 SOLD

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Reproductions of the Rigby long range match black powder rifle, marketed under the 'Creedmoor' name have been available from Spanish and Italian makers since the late 1990’s. John Rigby was a well known Irish rifle maker. Rigby rifles were famously used by the Irish team at Creedmoor in the International Rifle Competition against America in 1874. This Navy Arms rifle was made by Aramas Aral, Elgoibar Spain. Its outward appearance is as that of a full match rifle, with pistol grip half stock, and aperture sights. The rifle is however scaled down in size slightly from the originals and consequently is a bit lighter than the originals. Good mid-range shooting (out to 600 yards) can be achieved with this rifle, however the larger charges and heavy bullets generally employed at longer ranges can result in recoil being uncomfortable. I have usually fired the lighter range of bullets, 330-425 grains, my usual powder charge is 70 grains of 1.5 or 2f Swiss powder followed by a .030” thick .465” over powder card. Specifications: Caliber .451 – Weight 8.8 lbs. – OAL 49” – LOP 141/2” - Barrel length 32” – Barrel, round, 8 grove, 1 in 22 right hand twist – Sights, precision tang aperture with vernier scale rear & fully windage adjustable front – General; precision black powder muzzle loader, patented hook breech, select walnut pistol grip stock & fore stock with ebony cap, oil finished, hand checkered, heavy duty quadrangular beryllium-copper nipple. Very nice condition, likely seldom if ever fired before I found her. I have just under 500 rounds through the rifle. This rifle is in perfectly workable condition but does show dings and imperfections from life in a crowded safe.. A very, very nice black powder rifle. I’m asking $1175.00 shipped in the LOWER 48. if you require postal insurance let me know and I’ll get an estimate from usps or ups.
C0619400-7BAE-4CD1-81F1-96092C669398.jpeg
EBE2B416-B9FE-44FE-B978-18DE74E4042D.jpeg
CEF4FD2B-AD8A-47CE-BE78-95A162D68D57.jpeg
89E5ADA9-7605-4946-ADA2-A342C4238CFD.jpeg
862FF43B-886F-4317-AA1E-631FEB6378A8.jpeg
307759AB-2329-4A39-BA12-59FCC6E6DF87.jpeg

No trouble at all BK, I'm just trying to stay ahead of the curve.
I'm sitting in deer camp with my best friend and some Makers Mark. Does it get better than this?
Not a great deal better, that’s for certain! Maker’s is a favorite in our camps too.

BK,
If the rifle is still available, I would like to purchase it.
Respectfully, Bob S.

I can't figure out how to send a PM!

I got excellent accuracy at 300 yds + with the same style Navy Arms styled Rigby I had a few years back.
I fired soft cast long Pope styled 45/70 slugs aboy 420 gr. with 14 lube grooves, they allowed the slug to conform perfect when fired.
Also used about 75 gr, 2F along with a thick card wad over the powder & a lube wad under the slug.

How I missed your posting when you posted it, I don't know. It was a really nice rifle and I would have been $1175 lighter had I seen it when posted. Somehow managed to not see it. Someone got a sweet one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back