• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Navy Arms Pedersoli 12 gauge double

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly (don't count on it) on Bob's Black Powder Notebook there is an article about an older gentleman who was a black powder shotgun gunsmith. He was banned from a local crow shoot competing against modern shotguns. He used 2 cardboard wads over the powder, and one over the shot I think that they were made out of cereal boxes. For a lube he spit down the barrels!

I've had my 12 gauge, Pedersoli with chrome bores and tubes for over 25 years and it has never let me down. I've found that it gives me the best performance with a heavy card wad over the powder and a thin card over the shot.

If I remember correctly (don't count on it) on Bob's Black Powder Notebook there is an article about an older gentleman who was a black powder shotgun gunsmith. He was banned from a local crow shoot competing against modern shotguns. He used 2 cardboard wads over the powder, and one over the shot I think that they were made out of cereal boxes. For a lube he spit down the barrels!
I got banned from a turkey shoot down in Arkansas years ago with mine. Back then I was still using some old Alcan plastic shotcups that I was given and wads cut from cereal boxes using a 3/4" hole punch and hammer. Other than the shotcups, this sounds like the how I used the cereal box wads. I ran out of the Alcan shot cups years ago.

Nice find. Why 14 gauge cards?
I had one of those '12 ga' Ped double shotguns and was really a 14 ga. and required wads that size. Even then, getting them past the choke was a major issue. Needing wads smaller than the bore caused the charge in the unshot barrel to move up when one barrel was shot. This required reseating after every shot for safety. Not meaning to discourage the OP but it was a happy day when I sold that shotty.

Back