• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Navy Arms Morse 12ga. question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastadonald

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a Navy Arms Morse 12ga. that I adopted long ago. I have a problem with the lock and I wonder if anyone here has ever tinkered with one of these? The problem is with cocking the hammer, it just kind of slobs back, not crisp at all and you can't feel or hear it engage. It will hold at full cock and it will fire. I can't seem to find a way to gain access to the internals, any ideas?

Mastadon

Sorry I don't have any info. Hopefully someone will help you out. Larry Wv

There aren't any screws on the side of the frame opposite the hammer?
I have not owned a Morse but somewhere on the receiver there must be some cover plate that can be removed. After all, they got those parts in there somehow. :hmm:

No screws, plates, seams in receiver. One small set screw partially hidden by hammer, looks to be associated with the barrel. I have a couple of photos but can't get them to post.

Looking at pics I would figure out how to take the stock off, it looks like the lock internals may be installed from the back. Chris

Here is one, taken with cell so not the best quality...

244o1s1.jpg

Latest posts

Back