• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Navy Arms/Miroku 1863 Springfield Reproduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheffner7301

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Does any one have an 1863 Navy Arms/ Miroku Springfield Reproduction musket that he or she would be willing to sale? Thanks!

I've had one or two over the years, but not now. They always seemed to take a back seat to the earlier models, like the '61 with the "hooked" hammer shape. There seemed to be a thought in the air that the '63 was too late in the War to be "cool" or something! Yet many Civil War monuments having a musket often show the '63, but that would just be the interpretation of the sculptor late in the 19th Century. Good luck! BTW, that was the only time I shot a ramrod out of a musket; using a '63!:)

The 1863 Springfield will always remind me of a 50-70 Trapdoor

I think we ended the war with piles of unissued 1863's in storage. I don't think many saw action in the Civil War, more probably saw use on the Frontier later on

The 1863 Springfield will always remind me of a 50-70 Trapdoor

I think we ended the war with piles of unissued 1863's in storage. I don't think many saw action in the Civil War, more probably saw use on the Frontier later on
Speaking of the 50-70 Trap, I know a guy has one for sale, it just needs a good cleaning; has a later-applied but old clear varnish which could be removed and it's sound and shootable with cowboy ammo. The bore needs a really good cleaning but would come up nice. Many '63's were shortened for the frontier use you mention, betcha the Indians got some, too. Probably sold for a dollar or so! I'm going to contact the guy soon, had so many bills around the holidays I couldn't think about buying anything!

Speaking of the 50-70 Trap, I know a guy has one for sale, it just needs a good cleaning; has a later-applied but old clear varnish which could be removed and it's sound and shootable with cowboy ammo. The bore needs a really good cleaning but would come up nice. Many '63's were shortened for the frontier use you mention, betcha the Indians got some, too. Probably sold for a dollar or so! I'm going to contact the guy soon, had so many bills around the holidays I couldn't think about buying anything!
I had one years ago, they're neat rifles. Buffalo Arms used to sell blackpowder 50-70 for sane prices back then

I had one years ago, they're neat rifles. Buffalo Arms used to sell blackpowder 50-70 for sane prices back then
I saw him just this weekend at a swap meet, and he has the 50-70 still for sale! Wants 650, but I may make a standing offer at 500 (it does need a bit of work to remove the varnish & scrub the bore) and see if he takes it. He's had it for sale for at least 2 years! but I think he only has it out at this twice-a-year meet.

Back