• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Naming your guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the third owner of one of my guns, it has "bear rifle" engraved on the barrel which I assume was its name. To me its just my 54 flintlock if someone asks.

My friend did name my north west trade gun, which I refer to by the name to humour him when he's around. Otherwise it's called my smoothbore or trade gun.

I mix my kids names up enough without naming guns, cars, tools or what have you!

Haha cool!
"No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle."
Winston Churchill

True, but unfortunately my horses have gone years ago.
BTW. Really admire the man; Sir Winston Churchill that is.
A great speaker and a great man! Here is another quote from
Winston Churchill: "Look to Norway and their resistance!"

Hey, got to get to the range again yesterday and shoot my Early Virginia Flint-look "The Queen"
Starting to get good groups again..!

Named one of my flintlock rifles Ol’ Charlie after the friend I inherited her from. And the unmentionable smoothbore I carried while I was doing archeology on the North Slope is Old Pingaksuguruk, after the last inhabitant of village we were excavating. He’d been one of the folks living at Pingaksuguruk when the BIA dropped their school off in the wrong town. Rather than fix it, BIA said “all you Eskimoes got to move to Wainwright.” And he decided that he was 18, too old for school, and wasn’t leaving the place his family had lived for 1000 years. Lived another 60 years as a subsistence hunter and trapper.
Jay

Since I have only percussion rifles….we’ll also my late daughters Ruger (pink) 10/22 named JR since she was named after my wife (SR).
3 Hawken rifles made by the late Doug Knoell (Tiger, Walker, Scruffy), my last one I assembled named for my late wife Rosie. I won two gold medals with her 2 months ago at our monthly match, very rare feat!
Also have a 50 caliber chunk gun made by Web Terry (Mr Terry), Pedersoli Gibbs named Gibby, a bunch of others that I forget! Hey I’m 77 finally…at least I can remember where they are!
John

No flinders just Percussion, the 45 investarms is Miz Sims, the TC Hawken is Miz Brown, the 12 ga sxs is Big Bertha and my .50 Traditions Kentucky is Opra.

I named my flintlocks for convenience - "Hey what are you bringing to the range today? "I'm bringing ________."
Ron Luckenbill 50 cal - "The Revenant"
Mike Davis Woodbury 50 cal - "Hershel"
Louis Smith 45 cal - "Louie"
1803 Harpers Ferry 54 cal - "Louis and Clark"
Mike Davis 50 cal - "The Deadbeat". (long story lol)
Ron Luckenbill 50 cal John Noll copy - "Big John"

I’ve never named a firearm before, but up until now, I’ve never owned a traditional black powder one.

I have a new-to-me custom .45 that I’d consider naming Rebecca for a beautiful crazy redhead and just-as-recent ex-girlfriend.

They are both all over the board and just as temperamental.

The gun is a blonde tho.

I’ve never named a firearm before, but up until now, I’ve never owned a traditional black powder one.

I have a new-to-me custom .45 that I’d consider naming Rebecca for a beautiful crazy redhead and just-as-recent ex-girlfriend.

They are both all over the board and just as temperamental.

The gun is a blonde tho.
With an intro like that…you have to post an image.

Of the gun…

Back