Name change help

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Rabbit2047

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
When I was registering I fat fingered my name and spelled it incorrectly.

I was told Angie could assist me with getting it corrected?

It's supposed to be Rabbit2047.

Thank you very much and I appreciate the help.

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story from WW2. Despite his well-deserved fame, the eminent scientist, Professor R V Jones, who was instrumental in the development of the RADAR warning system that proved to be such a winner in the battle of Britain, was a very modest man, and was extremely averse to public displays of any kind, even when it came to something as minor as the name on his office door.

Coming across the sign-writer carefully painting 'Professor Reginald V. Jones' but needing to be somewhere else in a hurry, he left a note with his secretary giving details of what he wanted on the door.

When he came back, later that day, written on his door were the words 'Prof. Ronly Vonly Jones'.

He had scribbled on the note - 'Get him to write Prof R [only] V [only] Jones'.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you. I have fixed Rabbir to Rabbit.

Treestalker

Treestalker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of a story from WW2. Despite his well-deserved fame, the eminent scientist, Professor R V Jones, who was instrumental in the development of the RADAR warning system that proved to be such a winner in the battle of Britain, was a very modest man, and was extremely averse to public displays of any kind, even when it came to something as minor as the name on his office door.

Coming across the sign-writer carefully painting 'Professor Reginald V. Jones' but needing to be somewhere else in a hurry, he left a note with his secretary giving details of what he wanted on the door.

When he came back, later that day, written on his door were the words 'Prof. Ronly Vonly Jones'.

He had scribbled on the note - 'Get him to write Prof R [only] V [only] Jones'.
When my wife and I moved here to Arkansas, we found the name 'Griggs' belonging to a well liked and known family here about. You can imagine how many times I've had to correct folks. I tell them it's the same as those cheap lawn mower engines; 'Briggs' without the 'Stratton'. One of my ancestors arrived on the second ship at Plymouth Colony, the 'Fortune'. I can imagine some clerk getting the names confused, much to the consternation and dismay of the quality among the Griggs clan, LOL!

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have Scandinavian ancestry as reflected in my last name. We moved to an area in Kansas with a large Volga-German population with many with the last name the same as mine without the sen or son as is common in Scandinavia. Many times when introducing myself they only heard the first part of my name and figured I must be a cousin. Usually I didn't disabuse them of their assumption unless necessary.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Please remember to use the new name when logging in from now on.

Latest posts