• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

N.C. Deer Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I understand there are reports of hemorrhagic disease (HD) or Blue Tongue in the western part of the state.
Has anybody heard of this, or seen evidence first hand?

Prob half of our deer died here from it in western Wv this summer. Blue tongue is what it was. Rained some from the Hurricane and that stopped it. Larry

No problem, NC gets hit in some area every year...It's getting cooler, guys are killing deer, everything will be OK...

Oh, So it is a ongoing problem? I was not aware of that.
I was told it was pretty bad in Surry Co. and that is too close to where we hunt for comfort.
They say the meat is safe for consumption, But I aint gonna eat it.
I dont like the thought of driving 11 hrs to take deer that may be sick.
I wonder if thats why we saw so few deer last year, We speculated it was too warm. :idunno:

Yep, I was born and raised here and for most of my 57 years I've been in the state to hunt...It just pops up every year in August...

If you're coming in during the Central muzzleloading season it will be gone...

Back