• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mystery gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.M. Rodri

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I am looking for info on a Lawson Arms, Godfrey Ill. Mod.64 No6. cal.40. This mystery gun just came to me today as part of a trade and I've spent a couple of hours trying to research it but so far no luck. It has a 30",7/8"ATF barrel, walnut half stock, single trigger with one wedge but is not a patent breech. Shiny bore excellent condition and kinda "cute" according to my wife. Can anybody shed any light on this one? Thanks in advance..

Lawson arms was an importer out of Alton, Illinois. I have a container of Italian made perc caps withe name Lawson Arms on it. I once saw an ad in a magazine for a high end looking cartridge shotgun offered by Lawson Arms.
The reloading company Alcan was also in Alton Ill. As I recall Alcan closed in 1973. Judging by the age of the hard plastic cap container I have, I suspect Lawson was somebody's attempt to pick up the pieces when Alcan closed.
> have many old gun magazines from 40s, 50s, etc and never came across an ad for Lawson Muzzle loaders.

I live near Godfrey. Will ask some gun people from the area if they know anything about Lawson.

Back