• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Wheel lock firing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncNZ

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220416-140143_Gallery (2).jpg
Screenshot_20220416-141015_Gallery (2).jpg
Screenshot_20220214-154029_Gallery (2).jpg
Screenshot_20220416-141147_Gallery (2).jpg
Screenshot_20220416-141027_Gallery (2).jpg
Screenshot_20220416-140946_Gallery (2).jpg
Screenshot_20220416-141000_Gallery (2).jpg
Took less than .3 of a second

Cutfinger, are you using a piece of flint on a hardened wheel to produce those sparks? Impressive!
Mike
Hi Mike ,nope that is a piece of Pyrites from China , I cut a slice off a cube and tapered the edge with a diamond blade on my Dremel tool
Cheers Dunc
that is a great set pf pictures. and a fine looking arm!
Thank you but that is not my arm it is my finger 😁 😁 😁 😁 , those picks came off my phone , there is one where the flame obscures the whole thing but I could not get that to move to my computer .

Last edited:
Very pretty rifle you have there ! . Ime taking mine up into the Raglan ranges tomorrow & try knock of a' Donkey ' if their roaring ( I grunt fluent Red Donkey).
Cheers Rudyard

Nice, Wheel locks and match locks where the thing way back. I did try my luck with a wheel lock once but had no success with it. I had a replica Japanese match lock once to, the one with no butt stock. Sold it to a good friend, to bad actually have the kimono to go with it to!

No' Donkies' roaring, been too warm saw three pigs but too dark & a dog spooked a' gimie' managed to break tip if W lock rod easy done in the thick Manuka scrub on a 45 degree slope but took up my 'After' '45 Felix Werder Mid 17th flint so used that following day . With all the kit & tranklemen'ts I looked like Robinson Crusoe.
Cheers Rudyard

Nice! That would be interesting to see in a slow motion video too.
Very nice photographs of a wheel lock. Any functioning wheel lock is impressive.

Here is a video made by forum member @raszpla from Poland (though he has not been seen in quite some time), one of, if not, the best contemporary wheel lock maker anywhere.

This is the one I couldn't get before it should be the 5th picture in the line .
Screenshot_20220416-215039_Gallery (2).jpg

Very nice photographs of a wheel lock. Any functioning wheel lock is impressive.

Here is a video made by forum member @raszpla from Poland (though he has not been seen in quite some time), one of, if not, the best contemporary wheel lock maker anywhere.

That is impressive , he is a highly skilled man who does not own a smoke alarm

Last edited:
Hi Mike ,nope that is a piece of Pyrites from China , I cut a slice off a cube and tapered the edge with a diamond blade on my Dremel tool
Cheers Dunc

Thank you but that is not my arm it is my finger 😁 😁 😁 😁 , those picks came off my phone , there is one where the flame obscures the whole thing but I could not get that to move to my computer .
what i meant was it's a great looking rifle. i got flamed calling a muzzleloader a weapon, so i toned it down and called it an arm.!
great looking finger to! :ghostly: :ghostly:

Very cool, thank you for posting that.

Bolek is the best no doubt about it , Cutfingers rifle is not too bad & my own is tolerable . I tolerate mine & Cutfinger likes his and as far as I know they are the only W lock rifles in NZ or Oz but ide be happy to learn of more . ( Iv'e three but the other two are not quite finnished ) This dosnt make me Queen of the May nor proclaim there is some huge advantage useing such annacronistic guns for hunting or any other purpose beyound what Americans describe as 'Poo,s & grins,'.
Though I have used mine hunting for years , Cutfingers rifle was made for a man who expressed a desire to hunt with it but he couldn't be doing with the cheek stock like mine so it had to be shoulder stocked & the' Boys gun 'made for louis the 13th of France had the shoulder stock so And that was adapted dimensualy proportionate to a 54 cal man size rifle..Cutfinger to his great credit persevered with the common pyrites problem and has brought out the best in it . All strength to his bow in that.
Regards Rudyard

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back