• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My very own .36 Cal !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is now finished, a .36 cal that I have always wanted.
Though I usually choose Cherry, I really like the medium-grade Maple stock that Katherine and/or Jim selected for this one. More figure than I expected! After doing all the prep work and staining it I decided that I would like just a bit more shine to it so I wiped on a few extra light varnish applications.
I graduated the nose of the comb down a bit, added a simple toe plate and also a German Silver Hunter Star on the shaped cheek piece, with just a simple line carving behind it for decoration.
I think it looks sweet.
Now back to the bench...

Attachments

• smr 3 k.jpg
    smr 3 k.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 264
  • smr 3 j.jpg
    smr 3 j.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 278
  • smr 3 i.jpg
    smr 3 i.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 278
  • smr 3 g.jpg
    smr 3 g.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 275
Though I usually choose Cherry, I really like the medium-grade Maple stock that Katherine and/or Jim selected for this one. More figure than I expected! After doing all the prep work and staining it I decided that I would like just a bit more shine to it so I wiped on a few extra light varnish applications.
I graduated the nose of the comb down a bit, added a simple toe plate and also a German Silver Hunter Star on the shaped cheek piece, with just a simple line carving behind it for decoration.
I think it looks sweet.
Now back to the bench...
I think you think correctly ..... sweet. Polecat

I think it looks sweet.
Now back to the bench...
beautiful gun, i love the 36 underhammer i built, great for hunting squirrels. you will love shooting the 36.

Yup, I want an apprenticeship program to start to learn this. You either have the skills or you don’t. Your work is absolutely beautiful.

Back