• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Traditions Kentucky Rifle kit build is complete

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rawoodall, you did a great job. Good idea on the brass spacer too. Looks like a slightly aged mountain man gun now. Amazing to take a plain jane production gun and have it be your own custom job. Nice!

Really love the color. I have a flintlock kit of my own I am about to start. What did you use to brown the barrel and lock?

Really love the color. I have a flintlock kit of my own I am about to start. What did you use to brown the barrel and lock?
Plum brown.

I soaked the lock in vinegar to remove the fake looking color case hardening.

Attachments

• 20220707_195116.jpg
    20220707_195116.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looks good. I'm thinking of getting me a flintlock in the next several months or so. Would you let me know how well it shoots and if the lock works good or not. I would be very appreciative if you did.

I purchased the Traditions 50 cal Kentucky Rifle kit online from The Possible Shop. I just completed it today with about 10 hours total shop time. I replaced the stupid brass spacer with an oak spacer gluing it in with Titebond 3. Stock finish is Fiebings oak brown, brass is treated with brass black, and the barrel and lock are browned. Wood finish is Tung oil.
Looks great man, did you shoot it yet?

Looks good, I am still trying to decide if I want flintlock or percussion with mine.

Back