My toys

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Treestalker

Treestalker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Coehorn! I made one years ago with a 2 3/4" bore, chambered, a guy made me an offer I could not resist. I have one barrel now in 2" bore (2pdr) that I need to build up. It's solid 1035 steel, and is chambered 1/2" x 1". It has been test fired, needs a bed. I need to find a mould to make zinc balls; I have a Dixie mould that casts 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" lead balls. I wonder if it could be opened to 2"? Be safe, and Good on ye, fellow artilleryman! Geo.

`

steam1993

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Nice Coehorn! I made one years ago with a 2 3/4" bore, chambered, a guy made me an offer I could not resist. I have one barrel now in 2" bore (2pdr) that I need to build up. It's solid 1035 steel, and is chambered 1/2" x 1". It has been test fired, needs a bed. I need to find a mould to make zinc balls; I have a Dixie mould that casts 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" lead balls. I wonder if it could be opened to 2"? Be safe, and Good on ye, fellow artilleryman! Geo.

`
Mine coehon is 5.8 in bore, with a max range of 1/2 mile(have only shot 300 yards so far) cannon balls for mine are $75 apiece.

RicM

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Perfect high ground there!! Nice collection!!!

nhmoose

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I so want to get me an artillery piece but the wife put a definite NO on that. Well a NO and a bunch of #@#$%!!! with it. One can dream.
I know the feeling. Mine went nuts when I mentioned one cannon I had found. That was the only time she complained on a firearm purchase FA NFA never bothered her, but the Cannon was OUT.

Sidney Smith

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I so want to get me an artillery piece but the wife put a definite NO on that. Well a NO and a bunch of #@#$%!!! with it. One can dream.
Sounds like it's time for a new wife. Or just buy it anyway.