• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Ruger Old Army and how I got it.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sekiar39

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I would like to share a shot story of how I got my ROA. About 35 or so years ago my brother-in-law and his friend, Jack headed 200+ miles south, on their BMW motorcycles, bringing Jack's new stainless ROA and everything needed to shoot. Jack's wife put her foot down saying NO guns allowed in the house. If I remember right I paid Jack $200. for everything. And by the way this is the model with the adjustable rear sight. I just took it out of the safe today and remembered just how it came to be.

That turned out to be a heck of a deal! I wonder if Jack's deal turned out as well...
Jack is in fair condition, however his wife's mind is really bad now. I think she was a good person with a liberal mind set. She is a lawyer and Jack was head of a school district, both very educated people. In any case she helped me get a nice ROA. So I kinda like her. ha

Jack is in fair condition, however his wife's mind is really bad now. I think she was a good person with a liberal mind set. She is a lawyer and Jack was head of a school district, both very educated people. In any case she helped me get a nice ROA. So I kinda like her. ha
I hope my attempt at humor did not offend you. I certainly meant no disrespect. I hope that your friend AND his wife are doing, and continue to do well.

I hope my attempt at humor did not offend you. I certainly meant no disrespect. I hope that your friend AND his wife are doing, and continue to do well.
No, no, none taken. Like all comments. Thanks for your input.

Got my first ROA (stainless 7.5”) at a gun show many, many years ago. Traded an unmentionable (4” S&W Model 28) straight across. I suppose it was a fairly fair trade at the time, maybe I came up a little short. Anyway, years later I bought that 28 back, for a fair price at that time. Won my second stainless 7.5” ROA off gunbroker before they went crazy. Glad to have a pair of them. Found a couple of the conversion cylinders at a fair price too, although I have never used them.

I had one stainless shot it it was OK I guess, but that off size ball was a deal breaker.
My other Colt is a .44 uses a .451" ball. Result the ROA with the pieces part loading lever and what was leftof the box of balls went By By and I never looked back.
Bunk

Poor Jack! Living with someone as messed up as that has to hurt. A lawyer and a gun hater - wow.

Explain what you mean by "...his wife's mind is really bad now." Does she have Alzheimer's?

Back