My Powder Horn is illegal in California

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_in_vt

40 Cal
Reaction score
That’s wild! So you couldn’t ever buy another pound until your previous was completely gone (legally) 😲

Reaction score
I lived for a good while in CA, and they like to enforce every iddy biddy line of a law.
The horn looks great, but the real sharing is the fact that in use, it cannot contain over
a pound. And the California enforcers will weigh the powder. I am sure if you are
over, you will lose all of your goods and not pass go. Maybe that's why our roads are
loaded with cars bearing California plates.

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
That really stinks!!! :doh: How do you go to a two or three day shoot and only have one pound? A shooter would have to leave and find a place to purchase more powder! Stupid California!! Beautiful state, just have people with their head in the sand who run it.
Larry
It’s hard not to insert one of the better Kalifornia jokes I’ve heard in months here . . . .

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
when you go to a shoot keep the rest of your powder in the car in a can, till needed. so what is the problem? it isn't the powder horn that is illegal, it is the amount of powder you are allowed. so I would move to a more friendly state than THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CALIF.!!!

jefair1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
That really stinks!!! :doh: How do you go to a two or three day shoot and only have one pound? A shooter would have to leave and find a place to purchase more powder! Stupid California!! Beautiful state, just have people with their head in the sand who run it.
Larry
Ithink that their heads are in a lower portion of their anatomy.

Ranch 13

40 Cal.
Reaction score
That wouldn't be a horn made by the Sibley"s would it, sure looks like Cathi's scrimshaw hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts