• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Pietta 1858 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernbar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Made it to the range yesterday to test out the action shield I installed in the hammer. I also pumped high temp grease into the internals to seal out fouling and rust. The Pietta ran great and the cylinder began to get stiff after 56 rounds of .44 round balls using 25 grains of Schuetzen BP loaded into my home made plastic tubing quick loaders. Cleaning was a snap not having to completely tear down the pistol.
603813BE-1CD4-4E30-99F4-8310E8F20A3C.jpeg
F0A116E6-CF66-4FAA-BE34-B05A4EA9174D.jpeg

oh no, that is near Tampa. Im a member of The Chuleota Sprtmans Club near my house in Oviedo.
Since we moved west, it's been a while since I've seen Fish Hawk Sporting Clay's, but your range made me think of that when I saw it.

This is from a few years ago. There are only two holes in the target because my powder flask ran out at two chambers loaded, and I'd just put up a new target.
0728191207_HDR.jpg

Since we moved west, it's been a while since I've seen Fish Hawk Sporting Clay's, but your range made me think of that when I saw it.

This is from a few years ago. There are only two holes in the target because my powder flask ran out at two chambers loaded, and I'd just put up a new target.
View attachment 176820

Yea it looks very similar to where I go. I used to go to the Titusville Gun Range about a 45 minute drive but this one is 10 minutes away and the range guys are super nice and helpful. Just wished they had a 200-300 meter rifle line instead of 100 meters. Still a very nice place to burn ammo.

The trick with those is grease under the bullet or ball and you can shoot until you are sick of it. The cylinder will still be free and with the right amount of grease no real reason to even clean except with at barrel swab (don't even really need to do that). The soap and water thing is for the birds! lol

Dylan has it 100% correct. Couple pictures of my barrels. They're just as clean after4 or 5 cylinders. I don't have pictures of my 58 Remington, but it looks the same.

Attachments

• IMG_20220721_163623.jpg
    IMG_20220721_163623.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221010_171011.jpg
    IMG_20221010_171011.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back