• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My next build Jim Chambers PA Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchet-Jack

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up my PA Fowler Kit in .62 cal or 20 gauge from Jim and Barbie Chambers at Friendship. They are wonderful folks. I had the pleasure of having dinner with them over at their camp site one night.

This is going to be my squirrel, Turkey and maybe even try to bag a Deer gun. I'll also use it at the primitive range at Friendship.

IMG_20210617_093609.jpg

IMG_20210617_093628.jpg

IMG_20210617_093634.jpg

Got the barrel inletted. I feel pretty good about how it turned out. It's much more work than the Kibler was but I like inletting call me strange

View attachment 83436

Call me jealous! I've been waiting for my Chamber English Fowler since September, I guess a fancy chunk of walnut is hard to come by... Not a big deal, I told Barbie that since it didn't come last winter that I wouldn't get to it until next. She assured me that it would be a very nice representative of the species when I do get it...

Looks good so far, keep up with the pics!

Last edited:
Call me jealous! I've been waiting for my Chamber English Fowler since September, I guess a fancy chunk of walnut is hard to come by... Not a big deal, I told Barbie that since it didn't come last winter that I wouldn't get to it until next. She assured me that it would be a very nice representative of the species when I do get it...

Looks good so far, keep up with the pics!
Thanks and I'm sure the wait will pay off.

I spent a couple hours today breeching the barrel. Got it done.
Jack, your build looks great! Coming right along.

I thought the barrels that came with the Chambers kits were already breeched, i.e. had the breechplug installed. Is this not the case? Maybe some are breeched and some are not? I guess it might depend on who makes the barrels for each particular kit. I know Rice makes some and Rayl makes some.

Thanks,

Notchy Bob

Jack, your build looks great! Coming right along.

I thought the barrels that came with the Chambers kits were already breeched, i.e. had the breechplug installed. Is this not the case? Maybe some are breeched and some are not? I guess it might depend on who makes the barrels for each particular kit. I know Rice makes some and Rayl makes some.

Thanks,

Notchy Bob
It did come breeched, however I messed it up when I was removing it so I could inlet it. I had it in my vise standing vertically. I was so focused on following the steps Jim sent me to break it free I turned it the wrong way! When I removed it I found that I had damaged the last thread leaving a gap. So I had to re-breech it giving it a full 360 degree turn to seat it again. Well now I know how to install a breech a plug!

Made a safe side file for the one dovetail. Got the underlings Soldered. I Tin the area then Silver solder. Hit em a hammer after to check em. Everything came out good and they like up with the inlets.

PXL_20210710_185429486.jpg

PXL_20210710_192421104.jpg

PXL_20210710_210245888.jpg

PXL_20210710_210345931.jpg

PXL_20210710_210637795.jpg

Back