• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My next build Jim Chambers PA Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The barrel is finished!
PXL_20220215_220801891.jpg

PXL_20220215_220805550.jpg

PXL_20220215_220825188.jpg

It looks like the stock only covers the bottom 1/3 of the barrel. Is that correct?

It looks like the stock only covers the bottom 1/3 of the barrel. Is that correct?
Sorry I missed your question. No it's probably just the camera angle. It covers about half the barrel. That's the rule of thumb I go by "no more then half the barrel should show".

So I have to ask what’s on the cassette tapes to the right of the butt plate in the last pic? Oh the inlettig on the butt to plate looks good to!;-)

Nice work . . . very nice in every area . . . I put a muzzle cap on my PA fowler . . . I like caps and though it didn't come with the kit, the one I saw at Friendship at the NMLRA Jim Chambers booth had a muzzle cap. . .but your ramrod and muzzle look great . . .very fowler-ish.

I got a few hours in today working on inletting the trigger guard. The acorn finial is a bit tricky but it's getting there. It won't be perfect but

View attachment 104373
Great work , that is what is called a flaming urn finial not an acorn , you can see them on top of gate posts , all sorts of places etc They come in many variations of shapes and sizes and go back a long way in history .
1646354787567.png

Last edited:
Nice work . . . very nice in every area . . . I put a muzzle cap on my PA fowler . . . I like caps and though it didn't come with the kit, the one I saw at Friendship at the NMLRA Jim Chambers booth had a muzzle cap. . .but your ramrod and muzzle look great . . .very fowler-ish.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back