• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Wheellock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmusket

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My Uncle and My Dad made it for me for Christmas!

wheellock2-2.jpg

I hope to get a better picture soon ::

Beautiful gun!! What caliber is it and do you plan on using pyrite in the lock or flint?
That question seems to bring up another one. Are there dealers who carry pyrite?
I've come across a lot of it out in the deserts but never bothered to bring it home. We call it "fools gold" because it does glitter like gold but isn't worth picking up.

Beautiful gun!! What caliber is it and do you plan on using pyrite in the lock or flint?
That question seems to bring up another one. Are there dealers who carry pyrite?
I've come across a lot of it out in the deserts but never bothered to bring it home. We call it "fools gold" because it does glitter like gold but isn't worth picking up.

Yes, there is one dealer of gun grade pyrite that I know of. Peter Dyson and Son, LTD at http://www.peterdyson.co.uk/. Just go to Flintlock Accessories on the website and then scroll down. It is pretty good rock.

Thanks! It's .50 calibre. I am may use a metal striker sometimes, but I am going to use Pyrite as much as I can when doing reenactments :: I have some small pieces that I got off of Ebay, but alot of the bunch I have is crumbly. Must find more Pyrite!

Beautifull weapon,Hellen,are You a member over at Muzzleloader Message Hide? I was on there for a while,great site but they've had it closed to new members for some time now.Have You got Your loads all working well? If it shoots as good as it looks,You can't miss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :applause:

Beautifull weapon,Hellen,are You a member over at Muzzleloader Message Hide? I was on there for a while,great site but they've had it closed to new members for some time now.Have You got Your loads all working well? If it shoots as good as it looks,You can't miss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :applause:

Hey Gordy ::

Yes I am. I haven't been able to get up and go shooting yet, so I haven't found how much powder to use. I figure I'll go at 50 grains and work up from there. ?? Hope this is the best way to go! I've never had a chance to shoot a brand new gun before to break it in. SHould be great though!
Thanks!

Back