• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

my new tube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice and robust. Good for you. have fun making the carriage, and painting or whatever you do to it.

Thank you. I'm still doing surface work on it to get a shine. I'm gonna try clear coating first and if that doesn't work out than I'm going to paint it black.

I posted in a previous thread a picture of my barrel. I just thought I would post about how it was coming along. This is my first cannon build so don't be critical of my design. I didn't have any plans so I eyeballed pictures online and made my own. The naval carriage is being made out of white oak I salvaged from a civil war era barn on my parents property in Cannon County Tennessee.

Yeah its pretty cool. Although there was a Civil War skermish there, there are no public cannons on display that I know of. My dad is in charge of Vietnam Veterans of America there and he's erecting a helicopter memorial. I told him that a cannon was a better idea but he's not going for it.

I got her finished. The whole carriage was made with no power tools except for a spindle sander on the wheels. All of it was handle planers and hammer and chisel. I think I have about 50 hours in it.

That's a very nice and beautiful piece you have there! This is rather intriguing to me as I've been pondering the purchase of a big gun for some time... May I ask is your gun a custom barrel?

Latest posts

Back