• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My new smoothie is muzzle heavy … any ideas?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Muzzle heavy are we … ? :ghostly:

Got 250 tennis balls from eBay shipped for $60 too, not too bad … 24-cents per shot, less powdah.

Oh, to the naysayers of arms produced and imported from India, zero issues with the quality of the build or fit and finish (for an import, that is). Besides, try buying one for less than $2,500 from a TRS kit. For this at 1/4th the price? Yeah, I’ll take my chances whereas I’m just using ‘lifting’ charges …

DC9D843B-DC0B-444C-999D-EF2C70B33047.jpeg

Massive 2-1/2” bore baby!

2B1CA6A1-8EF1-44A1-9C0D-E90EAE868056.jpeg

Last edited:
Be careful making up the original loads for that, one of the 3 letter agencies gets their diddies in a wad over them.
Meh ... I'll be launching tennis balls and doubt the American Tennis Association (ATA) will be coming after me ... ;) , but I get your drift!

As an FYI, the info provided with it recommends 70-100 grain 1Fg or 2Fg lifting charges ...

i had a similar issue with my rifle. add another buttpad to the rear of the stock, yes i have more than one buttpad on my stock, it balances the overheavy front end. and you are welcome, i used epoxy for a permanent addition, screws for an addition i can remove later.

Regardless of what it looks like, my unit has verified that it is not a practical shoulder fired weapon. It's meant to be fired with the butt firmly laced on the ground. It is used as a short mortar for tossing grenade sized mortar rounds.
That way it may get a rabbit, I guess.

Looking better now 😊

Meh ... I'll be launching tennis balls and doubt the American Tennis Association (ATA) will be coming after me ... ;) , but I get your drift!

As an FYI, the info provided with it recommends 70-100 grain 1Fg or 2Fg lifting charges ...
tennis balls, smiles i would fill them with magnesium granules and magnetic ferrite filings with percussion caps mounted to the outter surface for contact detonation, or use fuse. but i am just a plasma creating freak like that.

shhhhh thats why i did not provide a key thing, without it , , pop and nothing. like a bag of those snaps you throw against a wall and hear a pop, course those are nitrate crystals wrapped in paper, . hey now that is interesting, can one of those snaps(nitrate crystals wrapped in paper) can you place one of those on a percussion gun and make it go off with that, you know , if there was one day no perccussion caps, or people who knew how to hand make bp and renew the caps, . hmmmm

Latest posts

Back