My new rack

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Daryl Crawford

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't new at all. My brother made the rack when we were in high school. I've had it in my storage room for the last few years. I put wool on the rests and made the lock bar on the left to make it more secure. I finally got it on the wall.
Two of my flintlocks are two long for my gun safe so this seemed like a way to store them and show them off. From top to bottom they are: .54 T/C, .50 Investarm, .50 Dixie Southern Mountain Rifle, .62 Larry Cordray Fowler. Nothing fancy or custom but I like them all and they shoot well.
The house is equipped with a security system, which I mention as I know many here are not fans of gun racks.

Attachments

D.Summers

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Daryl, love your gunrack! I really like guns on display!

Nutnfancy

40 Cal
Reaction score
I had three. I have a .50 cal. I built from a kit 30 years ago, another .50 my uncle gave me which I gave to my son and recently acquired a .54 cal. and with 90 grains of 2F kicks like a mule..........

Brokennock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
It isn't new at all. My brother made the rack when we were in high school. I've had it in my storage room for the last few years. I put wool on the rests and made the lock bar on the left to make it more secure. I finally got it on the wall.
Two of my flintlocks are two long for my gun safe so this seemed like a way to store them and show them off. From top to bottom they are: .54 T/C, .50 Investarm, .50 Dixie Southern Mountain Rifle, .62 Larry Cordray Fowler. Nothing fancy or custom but I like them all and they shoot well.
The house is equipped with a security system, which I mention as I know many here are not fans of gun racks.
Very nice. And I really like that fowling piece.