• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My new rack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Crawford

50 Cal.
Reaction score
It isn't new at all. My brother made the rack when we were in high school. I've had it in my storage room for the last few years. I put wool on the rests and made the lock bar on the left to make it more secure. I finally got it on the wall.
Two of my flintlocks are two long for my gun safe so this seemed like a way to store them and show them off. From top to bottom they are: .54 T/C, .50 Investarm, .50 Dixie Southern Mountain Rifle, .62 Larry Cordray Fowler. Nothing fancy or custom but I like them all and they shoot well.
The house is equipped with a security system, which I mention as I know many here are not fans of gun racks.

Attachments

• 20200704_173950.jpg
    20200704_173950.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 202
I had three. I have a .50 cal. I built from a kit 30 years ago, another .50 my uncle gave me which I gave to my son and recently acquired a .54 cal. and with 90 grains of 2F kicks like a mule..........

It isn't new at all. My brother made the rack when we were in high school. I've had it in my storage room for the last few years. I put wool on the rests and made the lock bar on the left to make it more secure. I finally got it on the wall.
Two of my flintlocks are two long for my gun safe so this seemed like a way to store them and show them off. From top to bottom they are: .54 T/C, .50 Investarm, .50 Dixie Southern Mountain Rifle, .62 Larry Cordray Fowler. Nothing fancy or custom but I like them all and they shoot well.
The house is equipped with a security system, which I mention as I know many here are not fans of gun racks.

Very nice. And I really like that fowling piece.

Latest posts

Back