• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New Old Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Perryman

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Shot my New Old Rifle today for the first time after she'd been worked on by a friend. He went thru the lock, almost completely rebuilding it and enlarged the touch hole to 1/16th. The rifle was originally built by Jackie Brown.
The difference is night and day. Instead of measuring the lock time with a stop watch, it's now in milla-seconds. I can actually shoot the flint more than 3 or 4 times before I knap it!
It had been over a year since I'd shot it. Now she'll be shot probably a couple times a week.

I shot it some this morning until the heat got to me. It shoots so good, I can't hardly wait till Monday morning to go burn some powder!!!

Outstanding good sir!

Flint placement is tricky, but once you get it in the sweet spot you'll be getting at least 25-30 shots out of your flint.

Good to see another happy flintlock shooter. There is something about them that's just awesome. You'll see that a bunch of us are rather hooked.

I forgot that my buddy rehardened and tempered the frizzen. It throws the sparks right to the middle of the pan...And it has an old large Siler which has a shorter throw than the new large Silers!
Now I got to find some lead to make some more balls

Sounds like you're in good shape. Siler locks will spoil a fella lol.

Good stuff! :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back