• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new (old) Colt 2nd Generation Army!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom Captain

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I did it.

Look what the brown truck delivered for me today!

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new1.jpg

It's a Colt 2nd Generation, in the box, all the paperwork, never fired. And to think it has been patiently sitting and waiting in it's box for 29 years for me to come and make friends with it.

I just had to have a real Colt. And wow, what a difference to the Italian repros. Just all around smoother, better fit, better action, the inner workings were all factory polished and fitted, I couldn't be happier! :D

new7.jpg

new5.jpg

new10.jpg

new6.jpg

I like that it's the full fluted version as well. It's really different and cool. I'm gonna order a spare full belted cylinder for it so I can swap them out when I want.

new8.jpg

Here is my whole cap and ball collection now.
From left to right, Uberti 2nd Model Dragoon, Pietta 1860 Army, Colt 2nd Generation 1860 Army, Uberti 1851 Navy, Uberti Remington 1858 New Model Army, stainless.

new11.jpg

Great find :thumbsup: Splendid collection.
Just a question.... there is a rumor that the parts for those 2nd Generation BP revolvers were made in Italy and assembled at Colt. What is the truth? Is it a Colt fitted and assembled Uberti?

Alright quit standing there drolling all over youself :youcrazy: and go shoot it and send us a report! :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup:

Hi Christiaan,

Thanks for the compliments!

Yes, the Colt 2nd generations had frames and barrels cast or forged in Italy by Uberti. The rough casts were then sent over and polished, assembled, fitted and finished by Colt.

Hehe,

Believe me I'm trying to!! Weather and time permitting I really want to get it out to the range tomorrow or friday. Report will be shortly thereafter! :grin:

Well I did it.

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new1.jpg

It's a Colt 2nd Generation, in the box, all the paperwork, never fired. And to think it has been patiently sitting and waiting in it's box for 29 years for me to come and make friends with it.

I just had to have a real Colt. And wow, what a difference to the Italian repros. Just all around smoother, better fit, better action, the inner workings were all factory polished and fitted, I couldn't be happier! :D

new7.jpg

new5.jpg

new10.jpg

new6.jpg

I like that it's the full fluted version as well. It's really different and cool. I'm gonna order a spare full belted cylinder for it so I can swap them out when I want.

new8.jpg

From left to right, Uberti 2nd Model Dragoon, Pietta 1860 Army, Colt 2nd Generation 1860 Army, Uberti 1851 Navy, Uberti Remington 1858 New Model Army, stainless.

new11.jpg
Very cool. Can’t wait ‘til your images upload! Take care, Slothead Tom

Well I did it.

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

new1.jpg

new7.jpg

new5.jpg

new10.jpg

new6.jpg

new8.jpg

new11.jpg
Captain Phantom, where do you get your .36 ball, or do you use conicals (and if so what is your source for those)? Tom

Back