• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My new log cabin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The house by the pine

A little ways off at the end of the path standing there all alone
Is a little wood house with a moon on the door referred to as the throne
Late in the night you carry a light to get to the house by the pine
Its not close so you have to hurry to make sure you get there in time

outhouse new.jpg

Last edited:
A PLACE

We need a place where we can go
a place like written by Henry David Thoreau
There to absorb the marrow of life
and leave behind our worries and strife

Me thinks this is the place for me
A place I can set my Spirit free
that I may live out my remaining days
in peaceful bliss with natures ways

"It took me a little over 2 years, plenty of sweat and cussing
"
Looks really nice!
Any project that size comes complete with a litany or cuss words to use at your discretion!

I bought this cast iron wood stove and will be installing it in a few days. As you can see it has two removable lids on top for cooking.

View attachment 39130
I have one of those exact stoves, only mines an antique...it was my great grandpas and was used in his 20x20 cabin in Marquette Michigan. After he passed the property was sold, I was able to hang on to the stove. It’s small but MIGHTY! It heats a 14x14 insulated shed up in no time and run you out! I’m getting ready to buy or build another shed for my new property and the stove will be used again.

Just got the sign finished to put over the porch. 36"X11.5"

RedBird's Nest.jpg

Super cool Lobo. Love it. A little advise. Get yourself a few antique Aladdin lamps from the ‘30’s. They run on #1 Kerosine and can be dimmed to about an oil lamp and as bright as a 70 watt bulb and put out a ton of heat. Two will heat your cabin to bearable in the winter. Heres one of my ‘Caboose Lamps’ fit with the original shock proof mount.

C1F2E109-3060-4176-9965-3D0477FE1185.jpeg

Nothing like a cabin with a wood stove.

You dont use lighter fluid to start it do you?

Fleener

Nice camp.. I was raised up from six year sold going to my dad's friends camp in northern Clearfield County , Pa.. Was allowed to be one of the guys and had the run of a brook trout stream and the seemingly never ending woods . It spoiled me so bad , My son and I built our camp in the north woods 1996. Camp is a place that is a middle ground where only the folks allowed to be there , are the special friends you collect along life's way. Camp fills up w/memorabilia , of times past , sort of a time capsule that means little to anyone but the folks lucky enough to have attended. Blessings and Peace to ya , and yea , don't forget the m/l shootin' range. ....oldwood

I reckon that is a humdinger of a cabin !! what a lovely spot you have to retreat too. Well done !!
We have an open fire, wood stove and slow combustion fire in the dining room. we live in a timber house built about 1901 on a small hobby farm. Lobo, your cabin is great too. Food for the soul.

Latest posts

Back