• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My new log cabin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobo

In Rembrance
Reaction score
I bought a log cabin built by the Amish. It's small but just the right size for a hunting cabin. No electricity, no well for water yet and a outhouse. I've been using oil lamps for light and I like the atmosphere their soft glow gives. I had it moved to a small lake on my hunting property

Attachments

• little house 8.jpg
    little house 8.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 368
I like sitting on the porch watching the geese and ducks fly in and off the lake. This winter I plan on sipping coffee at my little table by the window watching Tip-Up's on the lake.
You can't see from the picture the u-nique-ness of the table. It's cut from a thick pine slab with worm holes in the top.

table.jpg

The lake when it's frozen

Lake LaClair.jpg
Lake LaClair.jpg

Last edited:
I am officially envious. Outhouses don't worry me, they just encourage an expeditious journey. Imagine a well with a hand pump and a camp stove for cooking and coffee. (SIGH!!) By our standards, that is a pleasure palace. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jeff

PS: What will you use for heat in the winter?

You are very fortunate and I am sure worked very hard to achieve you dream. I have always wanted a place such as yours perhaps some day a few acers with a lake and a small cabin has always been one of my dreams. A place to escape to with the long rifles and dog, maybe the wife sometimes. (If she is nice to me) Congrulations on your achievement.

Well done. I am sure that you will enjoy it. I built a log cabin in 2000 on my hunting property and just spent 5 days there working and enjoying myself.

Fleener

Back