• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My new log cabin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like that, just got done building mine

It took me a little over 2 years, plenty of sweat and cussing

Attachments

• IMG_9261[1].JPG
    IMG_9261[1].JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 208
That's a beautiful place, a man could live there full time.

I wrote this poem, I think it says it well

A PLACE
We need a place where we can go
A place like written by Henry Thoreau
So there to absorb the marrow of life
to leave behind all worry and strife

Me thinks this is the place for me
For there I will set my spirit free
that I may live out my remaining days
in peaceful bliss learning natures ways

beautiful cabin on spectacular land! Love the way the interior is set up. Is it set up for heat for the fall and winter either with a fireplace cut or a wood stove? Art

"I also like that you have a gun over the door. As it should be."

Like Rip on the TV series Yellowstone

Neat little place. When I moved here to the farm, I had a rustic, but nice little camp up back. I put propane lights in, had some gravity fed water and it was dry, warm and comfortable. Porcupines got in there and positively destroyed the camp while I wasn't looking for a month or three. I contacted my insurance agent and he said that my policy doesn't cover rodent damage (I guess few/none do), so it was a total loss and still stands in dis-repair. I'd love to replace it with something like yours, but fear that they'd do the same thing and honestly, I just don't feel like going to war with the porkies (even though I have bird dogs and have had occasional "issues" with them).

I don't have to worry about porkies there's none around here. We do have then in the northern part of the state. I have a deer camp/cabin in the U P and we've had problems with those pesty critters.. We shoot em when we see one close to camp. They're pretty good eating, trim off the fat, remove the glands and roast in the oven

my U P cabin

Shrew Haven 6.JPG

This cabin was built in 1936 by the CCC. Tamarack logs that you can't drive a nail into. I bought it 20 years ago and had it moved onto my property that I have up there.
That's me taking a nap in the lazy boy chair,

Shrewhaven2014001_zpsdb58fb6e.jpg

Last edited:
My Upper Peninsula camp is a long way from my home here in lower Michigan. I'm thinking of selling it
I'm gettin long in the tooth and it's getting hard to maintain the camp up there. If anyone is interested it has 125 acers, trout stream, hard woods, cedar's. Main cabin with bunk room for six, gas lights, gas cooking stove and wood heating stove. Smaller building that is divided with storage shed and bunk room. If anyone's is interested, send me a
PM
This has always been a traditional camp, traditional bows and muzzleloaders. I'm the guy sitting

camp group 2015.jpg
deer camp shrew.jpg

Last edited:
Both cabins in Michigan, the big one in the Upper Peninsula and the small cabin that I just got on the family farm is in central Michigan.

Latest posts

Back