Quantcast

My new log cabin

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Lobo

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I bought a log cabin built by the Amish. It's small but just the right size for a hunting cabin. No electricity, no well for water yet and a outhouse. I've been using oil lamps for light and I like the atmosphere their soft glow gives. I had it moved to a small lake on my hunting property

Attachments

LawrenceA

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That is an incredible place.
I would say you are a very lucky man except I expect luck had nothing to do with it.
What's the saying? Luck follows good planning. :)

Lobo

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I like sitting on the porch watching the geese and ducks fly in and off the lake. This winter I plan on sipping coffee at my little table by the window watching Tip-Up's on the lake.
You can't see from the picture the u-nique-ness of the table. It's cut from a thick pine slab with worm holes in the top.

table.jpg

The lake when it's frozen

Lake LaClair.jpg
Lake LaClair.jpg

Last edited:

BullRunBear

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am officially envious. Outhouses don't worry me, they just encourage an expeditious journey. Imagine a well with a hand pump and a camp stove for cooking and coffee. (SIGH!!) By our standards, that is a pleasure palace. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jeff

PS: What will you use for heat in the winter?

MountainSmoke

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful. Just the right size and a nice big porch. I have been dreaming of something similar. Guess I need to make it happen. Congrats on yours.

Reaction score
You are very fortunate and I am sure worked very hard to achieve you dream. I have always wanted a place such as yours perhaps some day a few acers with a lake and a small cabin has always been one of my dreams. A place to escape to with the long rifles and dog, maybe the wife sometimes. (If she is nice to me) Congrulations on your achievement.

fleener

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Well done. I am sure that you will enjoy it. I built a log cabin in 2000 on my hunting property and just spent 5 days there working and enjoying myself.

Fleener