Reaction score
1656361220545.png
1656361237660.png

dave_person

54 Cal.
Reaction score
A Charleyville?
HI,
No. It is marked as made by the largest French arsenal, St. Etienne. These muskets were issued to the French troops sent to North America during our Rev War but I do not believe any were shipped to American forces. Charleville was another smaller arsenal and many surplus French guns sent to Americans came from their surplus stock, which is why so many Americans call all Rev War era French muskets, "Charlevilles". France had 2 other Royal arsenals, Maubeuge and Versailles.

dave

Reaction score
I’ve often kicked around a Brown Bess but as I have several “Napoleonic French” smoothbores from Pedersoli I’m not sure (for the money) if thats really a smart play.
So leaning toward the 1861 Springfield to give me range and something quite different - percussion, rifling, etc.

Reaction score
I’ve often kicked around a Brown Bess but as I have several “Napoleonic French” smoothbores from Pedersoli I’m not sure (for the money) if thats really a smart play.
So leaning toward the 1861 Springfield to give me range and something quite different - percussion, rifling, etc.
My needs may be met (flint/smooth + percussion/rifling), but my wants certainly are not :p

Latest posts