• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new idea for band sawing the stock blank (new to me)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guy's, if this idea is not new to you, I apologize. I have made 5 rifles from scratch and have started another. The only cuts I make before inletting the barrel are the parallel cut to get down to 1/16" above C/L of barrel, and the tang profile. Now here is my brainer! ( or no brainer depending on your thoughts) The horizontal cut for the barrel inlet makes a step where the breech is. This is my issue, cuz when you want to cut off more later, the stock can not lay flat on a band saw table. 1 Photo. I place wax paper on the stock leaving a small edge for gluing on a temporary strip. The wax paper keeps the glue off the remaining stock wood, and keeps the strip in place while making the sides' and panel cuts. It worked very well for me. 2.photo gluing & 3. photo temporary strip. .4 photo temp strip removed. Make sure you do the panels first as they are the shortest, leaving the temp on for the two long side cuts. When you cut down the stock sides the temp strip is also removed. This stock will be a Early Lancaster with a 45" 50 cal Rice barrel
Flintlocklar:D

IMG_1494.jpeg
IMG_1496 2.jpeg
IMG_1497.jpeg
IMG_1575.jpeg
My rifle will

Back