• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Medicine Pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 48679

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I wanted a small pouch/bag that can hold medications, fire-starting tools, smokes - whatever.

I made it so that when the draw strings close the pouch mouth, it can be suspended from a waist/belt, or possibles bag strap, etc, etc.

I hand sewed it up from some tanned buckskin I had on hand, loosely patterned it after a Western Apache Medicine pouch I had seen.

WSTPO2el.jpg

Thanks !

Here's what I had to work with: a few penciled design ideas, buckskin (chrome tanned ? ), fabric paint, gel stain & cut artist brushes.

The design I made is a mixture of my ideas, copied (not traced) onto the leather with a pencil, then colored in.

After everything dried, I applied stain over all, wiping it off while still wet, for an "antique" look.

ywtmzQwl.jpg

Very nice job...and a great use of scrap leather. Mine only holds true medicines, all else goes into either my shooting bag or my possibles pouch.

Back