• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My matchlock build -If anyone wants a look. Not yet completed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Laurence, FAB U LOSE !! Great job,we'll make a gunmaker out of you yet !!:ghostly:.. I wouldn't worry about the ramrod hole becoming a slot. By the time the barrels pinned in (it's in there more or less forever) it's only you who's going to know of the minor problem you had.. Surprising how much you can hide with care.. I do it all the time..:doh: .. Naughty OLD DOG..

Not here there isn't. The proper screws will need to wait till I do a TOTW order or find them in the city next time I go. For TOTW I need a minimum order.
Failing that I will ask someone to weld up the heads and cut my own slots
Try Blacksmith Bolt and Rivet on the internet. No minium.

What toot said! When I finished the Bridesberg I had two different phillips head screws in the buttplate (one brass) and everyone (I mean EVERYONE) called me out on it at the range. Even a kid. The screws I got for it were some very nice bugle /dome head stainless screws that drew zero attention away from the rest of the gun. They cost me a couple dollars. A pair of original butt plate screws? Like $36. You pick your fights with period correctness. I went the extra yard on the barrel bands, spring retainers, ram rod etc. Even the piece of wallnut I used for the stock repairs was from a board over a hundred years old. There's nothing like shooting something you built. Hitting what you aim at just seems like bonus, lol. Have fun.
you are so right, PICK YOUR BATTELES!!

it is yours's and a lit of people would rely like to be the owner of it! you have gone and done it my friend, so don't pay any attention to THE NAYSAYERS!

just remember that new or an original, you are bringing them back to shooting condition, BRIDESBURG, or MATCH LOCK. you are having fun with them, thank you for posting the post!

[/QUOTE]
Sometimes the Pacific can just get in the way of things.....
[/QUOTE]

LOL, cracked me up

just remember that new or an original, you are bringing them back to shooting condition, BRIDESBURG, or MATCH LOCK. you are having fun with them, thank you for posting the post!
Absolutely. Nothing like shooting something you really worked on hard. These are shooters, not wall hanging replicas or relics.
Neil

Ah yes. Richard Jeffries ‘Beavis, The Story of a Boy’ Which is available as a free ebook. A hardback copy of this gave me my first interest in matchlocks. I have my doubts about the heat shrunk breech though. I must read it again to remind me if it was peened over as well. White hot in a domestic kitchen grate?
Beavis? Did he have a pal named Butthead? I can see it now....” heh, heh, put more powder in it, Beavis! “ Yeah, that will be COOL, Butthead, yeah! Heh,heh!

New video_Moment(3).jpgNew video_Moment(4).jpgNew video_Moment(5).jpgNew video_Moment(2) - Copy.jpgNew video_Moment(6).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back