• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My local walmart muzzleloading regulations sign

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
At my local Walmart here in S.E. Ohio, I saw a sign at the gun counter that they are treating muzzleloaders the same as centerfire cartridge rifles now by having to fill out the same paperwork and doing background checks. I guess muzzleloaders are no longer exempt from firearms regulations.

sign.JPG

It most likely is for the Traditions NitroFire “muzzleloader” that accepts a plastic “cartridge” full of powder from the breech. Apparently the BATF doesn’t consider them a true muzzleloader and requires their form to be filled out and approved.

It looks like that refers to a specific modern muzzleloader that for some reason is classified as a firearm. :dunno:

edit: That could be it, ppg.

It would have been nice to have seen a picture of the muzzleloader in question. Some of the "NEW" muzzleloaders will switch out to center fire rifle barrels. You actually are having to fill out that form for the receiver. DANNY

And then again, as wishy-washy as Wally-World has become, probably some unnecessary company policy to keep the legal-eagles happy.

Reactions: smo
At my local Walmart here in S.E. Ohio, I saw a sign at the gun counter that they are treating muzzleloaders the same as centerfire cartridge rifles now by having to fill out the same paperwork and doing background checks. I guess muzzleloaders are no longer exempt from firearms regulations.

View attachment 65315
I'd like to see a picture of "this muzzle loader", as ppg1949 said it's most likely the Traditions Nitrofire. Heck I don't believe I've ever seen a traditional muzzleloader in any Wally World I've gone into.

Some Walmarts carry them and some don't. carry them. Mine doesn't in fact doesn't carry any BP supplies at all. Some Walmarts were carrying a few centerfire reloading items like powder and such. I kinda think that went away though.

I was told cabelas is doing the same thing on ALL of their muzzleloaders. It’s a cover their butt thing I reckon. Cabelas won’t ship muzzleloaders directly to you anymore either. You must purchase in store.

"In lines" are being treated as modern firearms in many places. The 209 ignition
is not considered primitive. But, this is just the beginning of more Regs on
muzzleloading and powders. Canada and England are the models for the
party now in power, that wants strict controls on everything sporting. In England
you need a certificate to buy black powder, and you must be in a club to
justify that. And then, you need special endorsements to keep the powder at
your place. Across America there are many regulations restricting muzzleloading
Arms now in place. Down the line you will have to undergo a background check
for anything that can be misused by a mentally deranged nut case. That is what
results from the slow loss of freedom caused by the "Control freaks." Vote against
them every chance you get.

Although those modern style in-line things are probably the reason for Walmart's sign, I'm seeing too much talk about them in this post.

We have a forum rule that says we don't talk about them on the forum so, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back