• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Little Ball Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1BadDart

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd been rubbing around on the idea of making a ball bag for a bit now, so I did. It's not very big, my balls aren't large, not small either, .40 caliber, so kind of middle size. Since I have smaller balls I made a smaller bag, I'm guessing it'll hold 150 or so. It doesn't follow any period, so it's only PC for now. It suits me and that's all that matters.

IMG_6945.jpg
IMG_6946.jpg
IMG_6947.jpg

I did some shooting today and used the little bag. I put 100 balls in it and think it'll hold another 100, or maybe more. With the flat bottom it stands up nice on the bench and is flexible enough to make getting balls out easy.

I'd been rubbing around on the idea of making a ball bag for a bit now, so I did. It's not very big, my balls aren't large, not small either, .40 caliber, so kind of middle size. Since I have smaller balls I made a smaller bag, I'm guessing it'll hold 150 or so. It doesn't follow any period, so it's only PC for now. It suits me and that's all that matters.

View attachment 177423View attachment 177424View attachment 177425
Excellent job on the design and the stitching.

I did some shooting today and used the little bag. I put 100 balls in it and think it'll hold another 100, or maybe more. With the flat bottom it stands up nice on the bench and is flexible enough to make getting balls out easy.
The dimensions you used are great and looks great too.

I like a small ball bag for small balls. I have one I got from somewhere I uses in my .45 pouch. In my Trade Gun bag I just throw the .61 balls in the bottom and go, but just can’t seem to do that with the smaller ball and prefer a little bag-in-the-bag.

Great job on that drawstring bag. I made a drawstring bag - much smaller than yours - out of some deer hide I had. I like that flat bottom and the fact that it can stand open on the bench. Very clever.

Back