• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My life’s purpose

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Group, I have a deep and intimate love for nature and especially so for whitetail deer. I am from Lake Cumberland area of Kentucky. I left about 8 years ago for work, and somehow got trapped in the swamps of south Florida. After broadening my horizons I realized how volatile the thimble full of true wild areas we have left, actually are.

I grew up in a town with less than a few thousand people. Living against my will in Metro south Florida really changed this old Kentucky boys way of thinking.

Now I am back in Kentucky, where I am running as hard and fast as I can to get back to my roots.
Pictured is my wife and her first kill, and my soon to be daughter, Ashlin Fawn.

At the age of 32 I have a clear picture of my life’s true purpose, my identity and direction.
2D418A2F-426D-4FB9-B1D5-ACD7A4E28AF8.jpeg

Welcome.

Still haven't found my life's purpose after 63 years. But, it may be to supply warm lap for a cat, toss a ball for a dog, or to spare some kindness where it is despirately needed. Pretty sure it is not to exhaust the surplus stock of Jim Beam . . . but that's still a possibility.

Hello Group, I have a deep and intimate love for nature and especially so for whitetail deer. I am from Lake Cumberland area of Kentucky. I left about 8 years ago for work, and somehow got trapped in the swamps of south Florida. After broadening my horizons I realized how volatile the thimble full of true wild areas we have left, actually are.

I grew up in a town with less than a few thousand people. Living against my will in Metro south Florida really changed this old Kentucky boys way of thinking.

Now I am back in Kentucky, where I am running as hard and fast as I can to get back to my roots.
Pictured is my wife and her first kill, and my soon to be daughter, Ashlin Fawn.

At the age of 32 I have a clear picture of my life’s true purpose, my identity and direction.
View attachment 189116
Welcome to the group and congrats on the new addition. I have two young daughters (4&1), and they are the joy of my life. Glad you made it back home. I’m a southern Illinois boy in upstate NY, though I do love it here.

Dale and I share responsibilities LOL.

Welcome KY and that is a blessing ya got, my wife huntd with me for all the years we had children. They moved out and she stated she didnt like killing things. Now just last week she stated she will be putting in for elk this year after 12 years off???? Ummmmm, OK. Somethings up here, will keep ya advised.

Ya know I revisited the photo you provided and it brings back memories of her first hunt with me as she was pregnant with our first child and got a nice fat doe that year! Then when said child was 8 mos old we were back in the same remote area at it again (hunting). He elected to go cold turkey on breast milk "at that very moment" and she was a most unhappy momma for about 3 days while we made it back to town (after trying soooo hard to reintroduce milk) and she fould a make do breast pump. Dunno, the above could come to use for you or another member starting out?

Last edited:
I’m a new grandpa so life’s purpose just shifted on me again. :)
And that little one will add to your life's purpose. Mine did when my granddaughter was born. Daughter wanted to go back to work after maternity leave and me being retired, well, I got to take care of that little girl during the days when daughter went to work. Hate to say it but that little girl became my favorite grandchild.

Dale and I share responsibilities LOL.

Welcome KY and that is a blessing ya got, my wife huntd with me for all the years we had children. They moved out and she stated she didnt like killing things. Now just last week she stated she will be putting in for elk this year after 12 years off???? Ummmmm, OK. Somethings up here, will keep ya advised.

Ya know I revisited the photo you provided and it brings back memories of her first hunt with me as she was pregnant with our first child and got a nice fat doe that year! Then when said child was 8 mos old we were back in the same remote area at it again (hunting). He elected to go cold turkey on breast milk "at that very moment" and she was a most unhappy momma for about 3 days while we made it back to town (after trying soooo hard to reintroduce milk) and she fould a make do breast pump. Dunno, the above could come to use for you or another member starting out?
Some years ago, when I was still being addressed as "Sergeant Raby" a female soldier walked up to me and asked me if I had seen her gym bag. Apparently it had been misplaced. She seemed very concerned so I asked her what was in it... then light dawned. She'd had a child about a month earlier. "Never mind, I know what is in it. I'll see if I can locate it for you." I found it under a table where somebody had moved it about ten minutes later. I gather that I had made her very happy. Did have to tell her platoon sergeant where she was and why she was missing formation. I think leaky (.Y.) is a good excuse.

Welcome and congratulations! Don't blink that baby girl will grow soooooo fast. were now blessed with 9 soon to be 10 grandchildren. Its a combined situation some blood some brought into the family. I've never called them step but called them bonus grandchildren. Now I've come to the point that I've realized that they're not bonus. Simply put they are my grandchildren and I love them very much! Hugs and kisses to that baby girl

Your mention of Kentucky got my attention. We recently got a young preacher at our church who is fresh out of Clear Creek College.Is that close to you?

Back