• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I looked at the two pieces of stock and there would be a lot of barrel hanging out past the stock if I don't use it all. Better just do what I have to and go full stock on this one too.

That's ok my next one will either be a shotgun or a small bore squirrel rifle and it can be a half stock.

They can be made to look very nice if your willing to go the extra mile.
unnamed (7).jpg

Thanks, the only new parts are the nose cap, trigger guard and barrel pins. All the rest is stock CVA. Glued the two stock pieces together with wood dowel pins and wood glue. Removed ALOT of wood and added the new parts, had to plug and drill new barrel pin holes. Re-spaced and drilled new screw holes for the ramrod pipes. Re stained, faux striped and new finish on barrel and stock. All in all it was a learning experience and not that difficult to do, just take your time and take it to the level you want.
Cheers!

Raw hide repairs were common on guns in this era. Staining the wood dark and wrapping the split in raw hide makes it disappear. Adding one to the wrist,and buffing out the forearm about where you hand goes can give it a well used look. I don’t much care for artificial aging but you can turn out a gun what’s seen the elephant and lived to tell about it.

Back