• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Kibler SMR is shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did Jim start rifling his own barrels? I thought he was using Rice barrels. Greg
Jim is rifling 40 cal and below. I'm not sure if they're Rice, or Green Mountain, but I believe they're Green Mountain.

I could be wrong about the manufacturer. A quick email to Katherine will answer your question. They're very forthcoming with information.

I haven't opened the kit I received today in 45 cal. I'll report on the barrel manufacturer, if identified.

Opened up the shipping crate just a few minutes ago. The packaging is excellent. Sorry about the shadows. I should have moved to the other side of the table.

IMG_20210516_123408466.jpg
IMG_20210516_123404033.jpg
IMG_20210516_122930665_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210516_122924483_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210516_122718222.jpg
IMG_20210516_122646115_HDR.jpg

It's a Rice barrel, as indicated in the photo. Barrel lugs have been installed, and Jim has included a really neat little tool kit with a bushing for drilling pilot holes for all pins, which is a good thing because, due to my eyeglass prescription for astigmatism, I struggle drilling a straight hole.:p The kit also includes the necessary drill bits.

I'm not sure what the stock will look like when it's nitrated, and oiled. I thought a fancy stock would have more curl, but this one has a combination of curl and some interesting grain. I didn't try the lock, but I did try the trigger. Jim should get a medal. It's perfect...light...crisp, but not uncontrollable like the set triggers on my Pedersoli, TC, or Traditions.

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_124202447.jpg
    IMG_20210516_124202447.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thanks, Bob.

I sealed the box back up. I was going to hit it with some mineral spirits when I set my workspace up for the actual build.

Jack, interesting. I guess Jim will use what he can get to fill orders.

Painter, I think there is fairly nice curl there waiting to rise up. It looks beautiful!

Back