My Kibler SMR is shipping

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Brad Cayton

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Good deal! I also received an email today that mine was shipping also. Good luck and have fun on yours

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm not sure how you could wait until winter. I started mine the day it came.
I still work part time in the warm weather here, and I need to rearrange my shop to accommodate working on a long rifle. Other than framing, I'm not a wood guy so I want to be prepared.

Hatchet-Jack

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I still work part time in the warm weather here, and I need to rearrange my shop to accommodate working on a long rifle. Other than framing, I'm not a wood guy so I want to be prepared.
Makes sense go slow and you'll end up with s beautiful rifle.

Daveboone

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Good for you! It is like we are expecting! I am shortly going to be taking some ...unmentionable... type firearms to a local auction house, where i have done very well in the past on prices. The plan is to get rolling on a Kibler Colonial kit. I am hoping to get enough to upgrade maple wood I want. It will be a project...in theory for next winter. I will need that long to clear my benches for the project. As it is I am still working tuning /tinkering my new Pedersoli GPR (flinter).

Grenadier1758

Cannon
Reaction score
@Daveboone, I have found that as long as you own a flint lock firearm, there will always be tuning and tinkering to be done to maintain the best performance from your flint lock.

totonap

32 Cal
Reaction score
you guys are killing me. I ordered mine in late January. A 32 SMR in fancy Maple. I'm still waiting. Can you tell me what Caliber you ordered.

Daveboone

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I actually would like a Colonial in .45, but it isnt an option. It probably could be arranged with them though. Anyone else done any custom orders like that with them?

Peregrine

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a .54 colonial! Sold an unmentionable and an old kayak to finance it! Hopefully it will ship in time to finish it by our PA New Year's Flintlock season. Best wishes on your build.

TXFlynHog

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This makes me really jealous! I have a few unmentionables I'd like to sell off to fund a Kibler in squirrel caliber (.40 too big?, .36 instead?). I'd probably sit on it until winter too, as that's when my time frees up for something like this, and I definitely want to have loads of time to dedicate to it since I only have one kit build under my belt.

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
My rifle arrived today. I'm in the middle of smoking a brisket, so I haven't even opened it yet. I'll do the unveiling later today, or tomorrow.

Pics will be posted. Can't wait to see the stock.

Latest posts