• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Kibler Colonial Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for resurrecting an older post. I’m thinking of getting one like this in .58 also. I have a Hawkin style in .58 so I have molds etc. But thinking about getting cherry wood for the stock.
i was wondering how the trigger is being a single instead of a set type. My otter rifles are all set triggers.
also what load are you using for it? If that’s not allowable on the forum then please PM me. I saw you had mentioned trying different patch thickness. I wondered how that was working for you.
simply a beautiful rifle for sure!!

I built a Kibler Colonial in 58 cal. The single trigger is a crisp, light 1.5-2 pound trigger that is superb and as nice as any of my set trigger rifles. It’s a nicely balanced and very accurate rifle!
3980C901-D2C3-4D1F-8391-54F5A5F13CB1.jpeg
27A79830-4993-4441-B6DF-825A1B433981.jpeg

Attachments

• 405A2750-1E88-474F-8480-CBD8DD3DA8F1.jpeg
    405A2750-1E88-474F-8480-CBD8DD3DA8F1.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 104
If you are going to order a Colonial model, you will be happier with a .58. Mine weighs 8.6lbs. It will be heavier in any smaller caliber. MIne balances well, but it feels heavy until it gets to my shoulder.

I’m assuming all three calibers offered are in the same barrel profile?

All calibers use the same barrel channel/ barrel profile. The bigger the hole the lighter the barrel. From a production standpoint(for a small company) it would complicate things(manufacturing and inventory) using different profiles. I would love to have one in a .60 or, even better, a .62.

I built a Kibler Colonial in 58 cal. The single trigger is a crisp, light 1.5-2 pound trigger that is superb and as nice as any of my set trigger rifles. It’s a nicely balanced and very accurate rifle!
View attachment 68239View attachment 68240

thanks for the info! So it looks like I may need to buy another .58 mold anyway if I went that route. You’re using .570. The mold ive been using for years for my Mountain rifle is .575

thanks for the info! So it looks like I may need to buy another .58 mold anyway if I went that route. You’re using .570. The mold ive been using for years for my Mountain rifle is .575
You might want to try the same powder charge:lube with a .010” patch and a .575 LRB. This may work also particularly if you ordered Jim’s straight cut rifling.

My 58 has the round bottom rifling. Have tried .562, .570 , and .575 . The largest is too big even with a .010 patch. Was shooting with .562 rb and a .015 patch today. Experimented with 70 grains of 2F then 3F.

Back