• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My Jim Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle is done

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the Friendship range today. She shoots great. I worked on a load starting with 440 RB, Joan Fabric #40 drill cloth lubed with Murphy's Oil Soap and water. I started with 45 grains of Goes 3F and increasing it by 5 grains.

IMG_20210418_122719.jpg

IMG_20210418_165344.jpg

IMG_20210418_164839.jpg

IMG_20210418_164539.jpg

IMG_20210418_165919.jpg

WOW!! What a stunner. I have the exact same kit on order. I hope to get mine in the next month or so. If you do not mind, I may have several question for you once I get started. I am very nervous, when it comes to the stock and metal finishing. I have zero experience finishing parts like that. I can only hope mine comes out as nice as yours. Beautiful work!

WOW!! What a stunner. I have the exact same kit on order. I hope to get mine in the next month or so. If you do not mind, I may have several question for you once I get started. I am very nervous, when it comes to the stock and metal finishing. I have zero experience finishing parts like that. I can only hope mine comes out as nice as yours. Beautiful work!
Thanks! Fire away with questions. I have another post where I showed a lot of the steps. Let me know if you need a link to it.

You need to tighten your group up a bit .If you are shooting bench with a green mountain barrel you should expect a tighter group. Check your patches for cutting? My green mt barrel will put 5 shots touching at 25 yds. Offhand. Not that I don't send one flying every once in a while.
OK thanks for the tip.

Thank you!
Yep got the toe plate from Track but I will say I wish it was slightly wider.

The case is from The Log Cabin Shop. Here's the part no.
PADDED KENTUCKY GUN CASE, 62375800
I needed to install a toe plate on my first rifle I assembled, due to an error on my part after i had finished the metal and stock. The toe of the stock is very delicate, especially with highly figured maple. TOW toe plates are not wide enough. I used one from Muzzleloader Builders Supply.

FYI - all subsequent builds I have done, the butt plate is the very first thing I fit!

Back